Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

11 minutes ago, Dale said:

Not sure on what basis McGinn and Ramsey have been struggling a great deal more

Anyone of them could have been dropped, Luiz would make most sense if he’s not going to be here next season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dale said:

Not sure on what basis McGinn and Ramsey have been struggling a great deal more

Contact talks incentive is my only thought. Maybe they've tried the bigging him up approach and it hasn't worked so now they're going with the,  fine, we'll try someone who wants to be part of the project instead. Either that or he's carrying a knock. No other real logical option given the form of the other two and the fact he's more rested than them both.

23 minutes ago, WHY said:

Exactly, we know what Luiz can do and there is a fair chance he’s not going to be here next season. 

We also know what McGinn can do it who played 2 games this week for Scotland and think one was away 

another game our defence collapses without him, he didnt play Watford and West Ham earlier this season and came off when we were winning vs Wolves earlier in the season

Thats 12 goals in less than 3 games yet he is the problem to some

• Like 3

he is genuinely our most important/influential player just because of how he links the defense with the attacking half of the pitch. I haven't seen any of the other players have the ability to do that today -- his skillset isn't replicated with anyone in the squad apart from maybe Nakamba (and Iroegbunam might have the potential)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Saying in interviews how highly he rates him while playing him in every game

It's Crystal Clear he doesn't rate him

He clearly rates him but he said no talks have began, he’s been very clear about that. I think he rates him but I also think he wants a different type of player in midfield 

17 hours ago, WHY said:

Anyone of them could have been dropped, Luiz would make most sense if he’s not going to be here next season.

Yeah i wonder why? Probably because he gets dropped instead of shit mcginn and jj who was absolutely terrible yesterday 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i wonder why? Probably because he gets dropped instead of shit mcginn and jj who was absolutely terrible yesterday 

I wonder if it’s more the other way around to be honest. We’re safe and there’s a good chance Luiz isn’t here after the summer. Probably factors into Gerrard’s thoughts for the rest of the season.

Replacing him with a player that simply can’t play defensive midfield was pretty ridiculous though and set that entire midfield up to fail yesterday. 

48 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I wonder if it’s more the other way around to be honest. We’re safe and there’s a good chance Luiz isn’t here after the summer. Probably factors into Gerrard’s thoughts for the rest of the season.

Replacing him with a player that simply can’t play defensive midfield was pretty ridiculous though and set that entire midfield up to fail yesterday. 

Thats a good point. I just wonder why luiz doesnt want to stay though? Its abit odd i appreciate we are not playing in europe yet but you can see the ambition of the club. Maybe his head been swayed by the bids in january. If this is the case then i could understand it.

But i think when you have shambolic performances like that of mcginn yesterday it doesnt really take you seriously if your playing him again next week. He was pathetic yesterday and deserves to be dropped after that performance 

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats a good point. I just wonder why luiz doesnt want to stay though? Its abit odd i appreciate we are not playing in europe yet but you can see the ambition of the club. Maybe his head been swayed by the bids in january. If this is the case then i could understand it.

But i think when you have shambolic performances like that of mcginn yesterday it doesnt really take you seriously if your playing him again next week. He was pathetic yesterday and deserves to be dropped after that performance 

Luiz is going to have his pick of teams in European competition when he leaves. It’s similar to Coutinho. Why would a player take the risk that the next £100m we spend is going to be the one that works when we look a million miles away at the moment? 

23 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Luiz is going to have his pick of teams in European competition when he leaves. It’s similar to Coutinho. Why would a player take the risk that the next £100m we spend is going to be the one that works when we look a million miles away at the moment? 

I get what your saying but when your signing players like coutinho and bailey (despite the latter not hit the ground running) you are showing ambition 

I think we will cash in on luiz in summer. He will fetch around 30m and that should be enough to get couts perm. We desperately need a dm and i know some on here dont rate him but bissouma for me is the exact player we need. He is better than any dm we currently have in my opinion. Just playing in a poorer side.

The luiz money will come handy

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I get what your saying but when your signing players like coutinho and bailey (despite the latter not hit the ground running) you are showing ambition 

I think we will cash in on luiz in summer. He will fetch around 30m and that should be enough to get couts perm. We desperately need a dm and i know some on here dont rate him but bissouma for me is the exact player we need. He is better than any dm we currently have in my opinion. Just playing in a poorer side.

The luiz money will come handy

Thats the other thing, I am sure Coutinho and Luiz are good friends well since he joined Villa. Will Coutinho want to stay if Luiz goes

Just now, Zatman said:

Thats the other thing, I am sure Coutinho and Luiz are good friends well since he joined Villa. Will Coutinho want to stay if Luiz goes

Thats a valid point, i think it will come down to gerrard and the ambition we show in the summer. 

I wouldnt be suprised if attempt to sign another brazilian to sweeten it for couts if luiz leaves.

The strong links for roma with luiz are unusual as i dont think luiz has been good enough to get in there cm

Â