Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Time for Diego to step up and show us his quality.

United exposed him playing the high line quite a lot at Old Trafford so hopefully he's learned from that game.

Not a total disaster though as we have Pau coming back

Thank goodness it's just a sprain.  The way the news broke with him having to get an MRI done I was worried he had torn something in his knee. TBH the guy has played almost every minute available. This will allow him to rest up for the stretch run. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Risso said:

FFS! If we fell into a bucket of tits we'd come out sucking our thumbs.

Bob Monkhouse....I'm pretty sure, He was a Villa fan too.

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Thank goodness it's just a sprain.  The way the news broke with him having to get an MRI done I was worried he had torn something in his knee. TBH the guy has played almost every minute available. This will allow him to rest up for the stretch run. 

A sprain is a broad term which can mean a tear, unfortunately. There are minor strains and severe strains. The way Unai spoke, it sounded like he wasn't exactly sure, I think he even said as much.

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I like Cash and think he gets a lot of stick but last thing I trust him to do is to win a 50/50 ball against a solid PL striker. 

Sorry, my post wasn't clear - I meant Cash as RB who then acts as the 3rd CB (RCB) when we are in possession...

28 minutes ago, eholm said:

Sorry, my post wasn't clear - I meant Cash as RB who then acts as the 3rd CB (RCB) when we are in possession...

Tbf didn’t Konsa play right back when we got done 3-2 at OT? Issue was more how easily they bypassed our midfield in the second half. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tbf didn’t Konsa play right back when we got done 3-2 at OT? Issue was more how easily they bypassed our midfield in the second half. 

True. Personally, I just feel we are more secure overall with Konsa at RB and also better offensively for the reasons i've mentioned and gives us the best chance of winning matches. No guarantees, obviously. Time for Cash to prove me wrong i guess.

22 minutes ago, eholm said:

True. Personally, I just feel we are more secure overall with Konsa at RB and also better offensively for the reasons i've mentioned and gives us the best chance of winning matches. No guarantees, obviously. Time for Cash to prove me wrong i guess.

I agree but I’m hoping that Torres retuning sort of balances out the loss of Konsa.

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

A sprain is a broad term which can mean a tear, unfortunately. There are minor strains and severe strains. The way Unai spoke, it sounded like he wasn't exactly sure, I think he even said as much.

If it's a month projected out and they did a scan then it's probably not a major tear.

A grade 1 or 2 sprain from banging your knee is very plausible. A grade 3 tear requiring surgery from that kind of impact would have been a freak accident. 

52 minutes ago, eholm said:

We've won 9 league games with Cash starting this season

• Like 2

My fear is that Villa are always slightly optimistic when it comes to recovery periods. Digne and Pau both out far longer than first guessed. Ramsey's injury seemed to go on for ages too.

No Pau, Konsa or Mings is almost an untenable position to be in. Lenglet and Carlos is an incredibly weak CB pairing in the Premier League.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Harsh trade off tbh. Cash at RB is not good as we can't play Bailey really as effectively. Konsa is our ever present 

This man will find a way, as per…

spacer.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

My fear is that Villa are always slightly optimistic when it comes to recovery periods. Digne and Pau both out far longer than first guessed. Ramsey's injury seemed to go on for ages too.

No Pau, Konsa or Mings is almost an untenable position to be in. Lenglet and Carlos is an incredibly weak CB pairing in the Premier League.

It's possible they are sometimes deliberately vague on returns so that teams don't know what lineup will be.

Don't agree on incredibly weak. Weaker than our first choice, sure, but I doubt anyone outside City would be able to put out a stronger pairing if they were missing their three best CBs at once.

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

Not always - those cases just stick out. I seem to recall Kamara last season being back way earlier than expected.

3 to 4 weeks is bad but tbh it could've been a lot worse.

Â