Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

2 hours ago, eholm said:

There is now big pressure on Cash to try and act as the 3rd CB. I am not convced at all that he can do it but the only other viable option would be to play Kamara at RB.....but with only Tim as his replacement...not really that viable!!

I like Cash and think he gets a lot of stick but last thing I trust him to do is to win a 50/50 ball against a solid PL striker. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I swear to god it was “come on the Villa, get into em”. I may have been young and naive then though. I miss that chant, I was thinking about it the other day.

I swear it was "up" and not "off", at least I used to sing "up". I am notoriously shit at working out the words to chants though...

On Konsa, he is a huge miss. If we have to play without Pau and Ezri we are much much the weaker for it. I'm sure Emery will find a way to minimise the damage but there's no getting away from it, playing the way we do they add a lot with and without the ball that Lenglet in particular, but Carlos to a lesser extent with it at his feet, just don't have in their game.

If he's long term injured it's a big big blow to the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Cash - Carlos - Lenglet - Moreno is a decent enough defence. Konsa will be missed, but talk of disaster / catastrophe etc is hysterical.

I've just lumped my undies reading this. Those 4 together literally gives me anxiety. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I like Cash and think he gets a lot of stick but last thing I trust him to do is to win a 50/50 ball against a solid PL striker. 

Might be worth starting KKH against Chelsea, probably better to get him playing in that game than him having to come on in a PL match under loads of pressure.

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Might be worth starting KKH against Chelsea, probably better to get him playing in that game than him having to come on in a PL match under loads of pressure.

From the match reports it didn't seem like KKH was exactly tearing up trees at Plymouth, I'd be a bit worried just chucking him in

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Callum said:

I've just lumped my undies reading this. Those 4 together literally gives me anxiety. 

We've won games against decent sides with far shakier defences in the past, and we still have the best keeper in the world behind them, plus an amazing defensive mid partnership in front of them.

Think we need to trust in Unai's ability to get them firing.

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

From the match reports it didn't seem like KKH was exactly tearing up trees at Plymouth, I'd be a bit worried just chucking him in

Maybe better off the bench against them but he's going to need minutes otherwise he'll end up having to come on if Cash is having a stinker or gets a knock when we're under the cosh and need a performance.

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

To be fair everyone shouts in pain when they’re on the ground after a collision.

Not like this. He was legitimately in serious pain

• Like 1

Hopefully only a couple of weeks out assuming its bruising around the knee from impact. Could be worse, at least we have proper RB cover even if its a step down in quality. Would be much worst to lose Martinez, Watkins or Luiz. 

Great opportunity for Cash to win back his shirt and for Carlos to try to claim the right side CB slot as his own. 

If we get the midfield cover for Cash right we should be ok v Chelsea. 

Man Utd is more concerning as they targeted RB in the previous game so Cash is going to have to play very well but he’s done that before. No need for panic stations just yet. 

1 hour ago, Callum said:

1 more injury and ill join you!

We have been lucky up till here with injuries that we can cover well enough; It's not perfect but there would be far more upsetting positions we could lose players!

United, Forest, Fulham, and Luton isn't the worst set of fixtures to miss. United is the only really frustrating one. And if Pau is back for that I'd be very happy.

These injuries happen. Better to be Konsa than Watkins, Luiz, or Emi.

But this is still incredibly annoying.

• Like 2

Will be great to have Pau back… time for others to step up. Carlos needs to show his presence, nous and leadership…. hit that full sharpness and form… he has a lot of experience…

After Mings got injured… I did think a Pau and Carlos partnership could be great… 

Also think Lenglet has performed quite well and improved, put several goal saving blocks in too…

We’ve already overcome injuries and setbacks this season… hopefully Ezri’s not out for that long, doesn’t sound like it’s a long term injury thankfully, but… again, it’s an opportunity for others to show their worth… in the way that he has done so incredibly well…

As long as our midfield is clicking or singing… I think we will be fine in general…

• Like 1

Â