Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah but targett seems to be palying ok with full crowds at Newcastle.  Konsa has just been garbage. Falls apart at VP. Absolute dog shit from him yesterday and after giving it all the big talk midweek on the OS and performs like a coward. Get rid

You said similar things about Cash a while ago and he turned it round.  I'm not picking on you btw, it's just an observation that I don't think the likes of Cash, Watkins, McGinn, Konsa etc just became bad players overnight and people are a bit quick to just write them off as shit or cowards.  They've shown they are up to it before and I would be questioning why so many have regressed at the same time.  I'm pretty sure many coaches would love to work with them and get the best out of them rather than just give up and want to buy load of replacements in the summer.

• Like 3

I have no idea what’s going on with Ezri. I was one of his biggest fans but he’s been atrocious recently. 

He should never have come in for Chambers recently but since he has, he’s cost us a lot of goals.

I definitely think we’ll see a centre half in the Summer. That may mean Konsa goes as he is still a saleable asset. I honestly don’t know if it’s a good decision or not.

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I have no idea what’s going on with Ezri. I was one of his biggest fans but he’s been atrocious recently. 

He should never have come in for Chambers recently but since he has, he’s cost us a lot of goals.

I definitely think we’ll see a centre half in the Summer. That may mean Konsa goes as he is still a saleable asset. I honestly don’t know if it’s a good decision or not.

Mistakes breed mistakes. It's rampant in our team at the moment, and likely affecting everyone on the pitch who's now either terrified of making a mistake, or terrified of having to cover for the mistake someone else is about to make.

Takes focus of just playing their natural game, subconsciously.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

You said similar things about Cash a while ago and he turned it round.  I'm not picking on you btw, it's just an observation that I don't think the likes of Cash, Watkins, McGinn, Konsa etc just became bad players overnight and people are a bit quick to just write them off as shit or cowards.  They've shown they are up to it before and I would be questioning why so many have regressed at the same time.  I'm pretty sure many coaches would love to work with them and get the best out of them rather than just give up and want to buy load of replacements in the summer.

Even when i  criticised cash he wasnt aa bad as konsa has been. Konsa has been awful this year. Im like him but i just dont think mentally he is capable of playing and taking us next level.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I've seen enough from him to know he is a good defender. His form isn't great but that doesn't mean he isn't capable of a consistently high performance level. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I've seen enough from him to know he is a good defender. His form isn't great but that doesn't mean he isn't capable of a consistently high performance level. 

Agreed.  There seems to an almost universal condemnation of Konsa on here after the spurs game, but I just watched the four goals again and I'll stick with my original assertion that Mings was abysmal in three out of the four, and arguably all four.  First goal he just stood three yards away from Son and stayed there while Konsa and Cash tried to get blocks and tackles in.  Second goal he did the same thing when 1v1 with Kulusevski - gave him time to take two touches and stood off hoping the ball might hit him.  Third goal was the exact same scenario, giving the same player acres of space to pick up his head and pull it back for Son while he stood three yards off him dancing back and forth. There is a threat on your goal - get tight and force the attacker to get his head down ffs!!!  Attackers should not be turning and getting two and three unchallenged touches in the penalty area.  It's basics. For the fourth he stayed square and wide as Konsa went to challenge Kane near the halfway line as Son simply ran into the space that he should have been automatically dropping into.   The fact that our right back was the closest man to their second striker when he scored from a long ball down the middle is laughable.  For all his faults and errors yesterday, at least Konsa was trying to defend, not standing off his man and giving him the freedom to do what he wanted... So many goals we concede are similar, with Mings dropping off and trying to be a second goalkeeper.  Martinez has his view blocked by him so often it must drive him bonkers... 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, villaglint said:

Arguably at fault for all 4 goals yesterday. Think he’ll be replaced and can’t have too many complaints given his form this year. Would make a very solid back up though I think. 

Chambers actually did nothing to get dropped but somehow Konsa got back in the team 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Chambers actually did nothing to get dropped but somehow Konsa got back in the team 

I was stood in the Trinity Road stand having this discussion with a guy behind me while the stadium emptied on 75mins. 

Chambers must be sat there wondering what he needed to do because Konsa has been terrible since he came back into the side. You could even argue his return coincided with our drastic drop in form (I'm aware that he didn't play against West Ham but it was the Arsenal game where things really went to pot). 

• Like 2

I think that Gerrard would happily sell Konsa in the summer, along with a lot of other players but genuinely who would be willing to pay the money for him? He isn’t going to sign for anyone better than us and most other clubs at home or abroad can’t afford to pay big transfer fees and wages.

I think that we will see some surprise transfers out in the summer as Villa are forced to be opportunistic. Any of our players who receive interest will be at risk of being sold but how much interest will there really be? I think we will be stuck with the majority of our existing squad and that includes Konsa.

That is why it’s so important to get our ins right. Last season we got it badly wrong in my view. Add in a couple of carefully chosen centre mids though and all of a sudden the likes of Konsa may well start to look a lot more at home. I really don’t expect to see many ins or outs in the summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I think that Gerrard would happily sell Konsa in the summer, along with a lot of other players but genuinely who would be willing to pay the money for him? He isn’t going to sign for anyone better than us and most other clubs at home or abroad can’t afford to pay big transfer fees and wages.

I think that we will see some surprise transfers out in the summer as Villa are forced to be opportunistic. Any of our players who receive interest will be at risk of being sold but how much interest will there really be? I think we will be stuck with the majority of our existing squad and that includes Konsa.

That is why it’s so important to get our ins right. Last season we got it badly wrong in my view. Add in a couple of carefully chosen centre mids though and all of a sudden the likes of Konsa may well start to look a lot more at home. I really don’t expect to see many ins or outs in the summer.

Konsa has been widely praised up until the last few months, by fans and various media. One strange thing though is there’s hardly ever been any reports about other clubs being interested in him?

39 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I don't know how you can be so sure of that. He's in bad form but had been a quality player over a long stretch.

He has potential but has failed to kick on so far. At the moment, he is way too passive in his play. I would be surprised if there’s much interest to be honest but if we can get the screen in front of him right, he will still be ok for us at the moment.

It bothers me that so many of our players have regressed, Konsa being just one of them.

I think that Gerrard and his coaches need to up their game and make best use of what they have, not just wait for a bag of money to help them out.

• Like 1

Got slaughrted after Spurs and was expecting him to be dropped but seems Gerrard wants to keep him in the team which is a curious aspect given Chambers has been good in majority of his games.

Anyway thought he was solid today.

Think our backline sums up our boom or bust season a bit. Looks terrible at times yet today was our 10th clean sheet of the season and we're roughly in line with goals conceded with some of the top 7. And you'd like to think at least one new defensive minded midfielder should improve things further next season.

I'd actually leave Mings-Konsa as it is. They're not perfect by any means and yes will make mistakes that will lead to goals next season but we need some consistancy in at least one area of the pitch while we rip up central midfield and attack again so with Emi and the full backs I wouldn't touch it much bar getting in a new LB.

• Like 2

Thought he looked shaky, especially seemed nervous when Emi passed it out to him, wanting to play from the back, with a pressing defender closing down. I think he's fine if we play a certain style, but him playing out of the back is not the way to go imo. 

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

Thought he looked shaky, especially seemed nervous when Emi passed it out to him, wanting to play from the back, with a pressing defender closing down. I think he's fine if we play a certain style, but him playing out of the back is not the way to go imo. 

Mings isn't very good at it either. Chambers probably best given he had that ridiculous pass v Southampton so anything decision for the manager.

• Like 1

Â