Tom Heaton

midian

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We gave him a 2 year deal? Amazing foresight if true but I don't think that can be right.

I remember at the time he signed not being able to find any suggestion of how long the contract was for. I wonder if the club's accounts have disclosed it at some point

41 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

imagine he’s off in the summer if this is true 

Evans covering all the bases with his attempt at "journalism"

Will never buy The Athletic as long as that clown reports on Villa

• Like 1

Contract lengths are covered by GDPR nowadays unless a player wanted this out there... Could've been a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd in our favour would be my thoughts if true. 

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Contract lengths are covered by GDPR nowadays unless a player wanted this out there... Could've been a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd in our favour would be my thoughts if true. 

So the club only disclosed Konsa's new 5 year deal with his permission? That is interesting.

Seems like it would be in Heaton's interest for other clubs to know he was available though

I'd be gobsmacked if we only gave him a two year deal, unless as someone else stated we had the option for a third. Would've been nice to get a few million for him, but also would be happy to see him getting first team football, he deserves it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I'd be gobsmacked if we only gave him a two year deal, unless as someone else stated we had the option for a third. Would've been nice to get a few million for him, but also would be happy to see him getting first team football, he deserves it. 

He'll be 35 this month so dont think we would get anything for him anyway. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Why does Gregg Evans always get such a hard rap?

because he is a crap journalist

cant remember him ever getting a scoop at Villa and spent all last few summers saying Jack was gone

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Evans covering all the bases with his attempt at "journalism"

Will never buy The Athletic as long as that clown reports on Villa

An absolute used car salesman of a journalist.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He'll be 35 this month so dont think we would get anything for him anyway. 

I think there is value in him.  Ben Foster is coming up for 40 so Heaton could be Watford's youth policy when they, as they will I think, return to the PL.  You would think that Heaton would be worth £5m? 

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

35 isn't that old for a keeper, it's about when they hit their prime usually.

Not really, its when keepers starting to go down. Rare to find a keeper hit his prime at 35

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Why does Gregg Evans always get such a hard rap?

Man's a clown.

Said for two years Jack was going. Said Tammy was going. Tried to tell Villa fans Barkley was playing well this season. 

He's well out of his depth at the Athletic. He's in trouble whenever they notice. 

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because he is a crap journalist

cant remember him ever getting a scoop at Villa and spent all last few summers saying Jack was gone

He certainly was, he's improved slightly. Working for the Athletic means he can't be as crap as he was with the standard clickbait shit he got away with for years with the mail. 

He's landed on his feet because compared to other teams dedicated journalists on the athletic, he always comes across as poor. When he does the 1984 podcast for them, it really seems like he doesn't pay much attention to us at times. 

When he's written a feature piece on something or a player from villa history, they've usually been decent reads. He's not a bad writer, he just doesn't seem to be as clued up as he should, given he is the Aston Villa designated reporter for a major sports news outlet. 

How much did we sign Given for when he was around that age or was he a free transfer? Mind you we were a total nutcase with transfers in and out in those times.

IIRC we signed Friedel for 3m when he was about 36 so could easily get that for Heaton from a championship club.

I thought Heaton got 3 year deal but perhaps there's something in deal that means he can terminate a year early if he isn't 1st choice so goes with my best wishes.

Edited by VillaChris

• 2 weeks later...
Â