Matt Targett

villan-scott

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I reckon Matty wanted to go.

Also, as " prehistoric " as this might sound to some, I wonder if Heart/Balls/Desire/fight is big with SG, and Matty simply hasn't shown enough?

Say what you want about Cash, but he's a warrior.

Snake Gresford joked about him not being fond of gym work

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I reckon Matty wanted to go.

Also, as " prehistoric " as this might sound to some, I wonder if Heart/Balls/Desire/fight is big with SG, and Matty simply hasn't shown enough?

Say what you want about Cash, but he's a warrior.

I mean this is the only angle I see why we would be loaning him out. He did a couple of interviews last season about wanting to be in the England reckoning, with his then form. Completely understandable if he wants to play in the premier league.

Can you imagine going to your employer and saying as you no longer want me can I leave where I have a great opportunity to be used and it would be good for my future.  They will pay my wages and give you a fee. 

No, they are competitors and we refuse to do business with them. So just shut up and warm that bench. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t see the big deal if the players wants the move. 

He puts in a transfer request and they have to pay the money for him, Villa arent a charity even though sometimes it feels like it

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Ash can  cover both sides and we brought back Kesler.

KKH looks set to go to MK Dons (and is a right back anyway).

Ashley Young has mostly played left back in a 3-5-2 - and is miles worse than Targett anyway. 

It's more frustrating that we are helping them stay up. We get nothing back from loaning a 26 year old out. It should be a sale or nothing. 

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Can't believe the club are doing deals with people that think it's ok to chop people's heads off.

I hope the nominal loan fee was worth it.

Your country is happy doing business with them. No idea why it should shock you so much that a football club will. 

But that’s going off topic. 

Just now, Cizzler said:

It's more frustrating that we are helping them stay up.

Maybe the coaching staff don't look at it that way.

Perhaps they don't rate this guy at all, and I wouldn't blame them after what they've seen from him.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can you imagine going to your employer and saying as you no longer want me can I leave where I have a great opportunity to be used and it would be good for my future.  They will pay my wages and give you a fee. 

No, they are competitors and we refuse to do business with them. So just shut up and warm that bench. 

There's a lot of unique employment situations in football that I can't imagine having with my employer.

But if you seriously want an answer, I'd be delighted if my employer told me they'd hired someone else to do my job, but wanted to keep me on as first reserve in case of incapacitating RSI.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why should he have to put in a transfer request when we no longer want or need him?

Who says we dont want or need him? He was on the bench last week and is a squad member

• Like 2

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

There's a lot of unique employment situations in football that I can't imagine having with my employer.

But if you seriously want an answer, I'd be delighted if my employer told me they'd hired someone else to do my job, but wanted to keep me on as first reserve in case of incapacitating RSI.

I just think it would be a harsh way to treat a player that has done good for us but is no longer required. 

Just my opinion. 

I'm surprised by this and bit uncomfortable with cover in this position. Thought is was all BS lol. Matty Targett is solid backup if uninspiring but perhaps he's keen on the move and doesn't want to warm the bench. I reckon he must have told SG he's not happy. 

7 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Understand that - but punishing Aston Villa in order annoy Newcastle is bonkers. Let's take advantage of them by giving them someone is is no longer good enough to play for us. For a lot of money (hopefully!)

Of course, as I said that's just a personal feeling and not how anyone should actually run the club. I'd be with you unless as reported it is in fact just a straight 6 month loan in which case maybe the loan fee was too big to turn down but I can't see an enormous amount of sense in it otherwise, even just from a squad depth perspective. The folk running the club aren't mugs though, I trust they see what everyone is saying, in which case the reasons for going ahead with it evidently outweigh the reasons not to for them.

• Like 1

If it’s a loan with an obligation to buy in the summer at an above market rate fee, it makes sense. They’ll stay up anyway, if we can make a profit on Targett then it’s very good business. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is incredibly simplistic.

Clubs are allowed more than one player per position, in fact the best clubs have competition for every position.

He was our player of the season last year and is an excellent defensive fullback, in my eyes he's a very important squad player not sure why you are so adamant we don't need or want him?

We hold all the cards if Newcastle want him. They are desperate to stay up and it's the January window, allowing them to have their cake and eat by loaning him and then allowing them to decide whether to purchase or not seems insane to me.

Â