Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

On 02/08/2019 at 13:37, limpid said:

This thread is for OBE? to communicate problems around the ground to people who can fix them. Please use the "Villa Park redevelopment" thread to talk about ground redevelopments.

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Less than 24 hours to find out whether my clock situation has been sorted. I am on tenterhooks. 

or tenderhooks as my other half says 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Sound system, sounded worse than before and they had an upgrade I believe to it for this season 

Agreed, I could see new speakers but where I sit in L3 there was absolutely no improvement. 

I noticed the building which sits between The Holte Hotel and the Holte End on Witton Lane (right of the small shop where they experimented with a food kiosk). It has a number of painted wooden window shutters which need a lick of paint.  Some faded and a parts flaking away.  It's a small thing though. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Probably not the time to ask, but did anyone see any noticeable improvements around and inside the ground today?   

Yes !

My seat had been fixed and someone had drawn the seat number back on in felt pen !

Other than that, nothing at all.

Oh, the Chinese flag has gone......

• Haha 1

We’ve got our season tickets back in the upper trinity, all our seats and the ones next to us was covered in bird shit, was hoping they would have cleaned them before the start of the season, as last season we sat up there twice and both times was the same 🙄

Edited by rbcuk

2 hours ago, av1 said:

The blue cladding at the top of the witton looks very tired and dirty. 

I noticed the same on the blue cladding between the middle and upper Trinity yesterday - looks like a lick of paint wouldn't go amiss. It was very flaky.

I was in the Upper Trinity yesterday for a rare visit as I needed to move from my season ticket seat in order to take my nephew.

The turnstile didn't open until after 14:00 to get in, as opposed to around 13:30 in the rest of the ground, this left big queues outside into the road and meant that everyone arrived together at the top of the stairs at about five past two - the result was a thirty-five minute queue to get a drink in a packed concourse. 

I got to watch a bit of the test match in the queue which was nice, but it's not what I was there for, I missed a big chunk of the pre-match build up and I can't say as I enjoyed the experience - if I were going again, I'd go somewhere else pre-match for a drink or food and then head straight for my seat. From what I can gather, the catering offer has been improved up there - but it makes no difference when people are having to queue for more than half an hour.

I'd ask regulars; is this a regular occurrence? Did something go wrong? Is the queuing for catering up there usually so bad? Does the turnstile always open so late?

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I was in the Upper Trinity yesterday for a rare visit as I needed to move from my season ticket seat in order to take my nephew.

The turnstile didn't open until after 14:00 to get in, as opposed to around 13:30 in the rest of the ground, this left big queues outside into the road and meant that everyone arrived together at the top of the stairs at about five past two - the result was a thirty-five minute queue to get a drink in a packed concourse. 

I got to watch a bit of the test match in the queue which was nice, but it's not what I was there for, I missed a big chunk of the pre-match build up and I can't say as I enjoyed the experience - if I were going again, I'd go somewhere else pre-match for a drink or food and then head straight for my seat. From what I can gather, the catering offer has been improved up there - but it makes no difference when people are having to queue for more than half an hour.

I'd ask regulars; is this a regular occurrence? Did something go wrong? Is the queuing for catering up there usually so bad? Does the turnstile always open so late?

We queued for ages in the upper Trinity for a drink too. 

They would make so much more money if there was quicker service. The staff were pretty slow, but there didn't seem to be enough of them. Like yourself, if this doesn't improve I'll go elsewhere. The Purity Pale was nice though. 

Our season tickets weren't uploaded , refused to let us in without going to ticket office , stood in the queue for 40 min and then was told to go back to the turnstile and they would now let us in. 3rd year in a row the same problem!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

We queued for ages in the upper Trinity for a drink too. 

They would make so much more money if there was quicker service. The staff were pretty slow, but there didn't seem to be enough of them. Like yourself, if this doesn't improve I'll go elsewhere. The Purity Pale was nice though. 

Poor old Nicola Keye could never sort the food out no matter how many referrals she got from The General. 

• Haha 1

Â