Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

As for the song, we could stick with something Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne. Keep it energetic and most importantly, local with a meaning.

Villans gathered in their masses, just like witches at black masses... 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Sweet Caroline is just sooooo painfully cheesey get it away from my club.  Leave it for pissed up boxing fans.

So good. So good. So good. ;)

Edited by Hornso

Just another thought, some more bins outside the ground would be good. Most people either take it away  or pop it in the bins of people living nearby (which isn’t a problem I suppose), but a few people do drop litter, so I think a few more bins on the walk up to the ground couldn’t go a miss and might make it easier to not drop it.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Just another thought, some more bins outside the ground would be good. People either tend to drop stuff or pop it in the bins of people living nearby (which isn’t a problem I suppose), but I think a few more bins on the walk up to the ground couldn’t go a miss.

I think public bins in places large numbers of people gather are considered a bomb store in security services mind's. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I think public bins in places large numbers of people gather are considered a bomb store in security services mind's. 

Ah, I hadn’t thought of this. Not sure if there is a way around it by maybe having litter pickers instead? Or maybe having a few people with black bin bags where you can give them your litter? 

21 hours ago, Mic09 said:

As for the song, we could stick with something Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne. Keep it energetic and most importantly, local with a meaning.

Villans gathered in their masses, just like witches at black masses... 

children of the grave...nice and energetic. i love crazy train being played before players come out but doesnt seem that appropriate considering ozzy couldnt give a monkeys toss about football whereas geezer i believe still attends most games so definitely needs to be sabbath

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

children of the grave...nice and energetic. i love crazy train being played before players come out but doesnt seem that appropriate considering ozzy couldnt give a monkeys toss about football whereas geezer i believe still attends most games so definitely needs to be sabbath

Children of the Grave would send shivers down my back. It just sounds like a battle song.

• Like 1

@OutByEaster?

There are some good ideas in here and in particular about fan park stuff like the box park at Wembley. The club may argue that there is the Holte Suite but this only caters for season ticket holders.

Are these ideas going to be fed back at the next fans meeting with the club or before then?

29 minutes ago, imavillan said:

@OutByEaster?

There are some good ideas in here and in particular about fan park stuff like the box park at Wembley. The club may argue that there is the Holte Suite but this only caters for season ticket holders.

Are these ideas going to be fed back at the next fans meeting with the club or before then?

I don't think the holte suite differentiates itself from any pub or bar in town or around the ground, it doesn't have a come here early and spend money appeal that something they could create in the holte car park and it definitely wont bring in football tourists (I know...)

man city have some sort of fan park event outside their ground every home game, take that idea and run with it, like I said involve Digbeth dining club if they have to and get someone like the original patty men outside VP

• Like 2

On 23/06/2019 at 16:25, alreadyexists said:

I’d like to echo the drinks sellers, bottles only would be fine, on the concourse. Surely easy to do and would raise money, and reduce queuing.

Wont happen

When I was a steward there we had a strict no bottle policy, used to search bags and bin all bottles. That and telling people to sit down was the worst part of the job.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, imavillan said:

@OutByEaster?

Even then the queues for the Holte Suite are often big.

I've never been in there, even though I've had a ST, because every time I've tried the queue has been too big for me to be arsed.

Â