Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

New one being installed this summer.

Don’t mock, but........could they consider a bit of acoustic panelling around the top of the Holte ? 

Its easy enough to do, and would stop the singing disappearing before it reaches the pitch, Ive always thought we do ourselves down in this regard compared to many grounds where the steeper, closer, construction of the stand helps the noise travel.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I’d like someone to pop up the Holte and fix my seat. It’s been bust for three years......🙂

I tried to take a screwdriver and hammer to the last game but those fellas who do do the searches at the door weren't impressed ☺️

• Haha 1

The Ladies Loos in the Upper Witton really need a revamp. The large one in the loos on the side away from the stand has had dirty grit down it for at least two seasons. Also phone signal (O2)non existent  and tannoy unintelligable in upper Witton 

I’d like to echo the drinks sellers, bottles only would be fine, on the concourse. Surely easy to do and would raise money, and reduce queuing.

In the lower Trinity, and elsewhere I’m sure, there are plenty of seats which are ‘restricted view’ and because of this the club charge less. Is there a way of changing the handrails/supports to make these views less restricted? And then the club could charge more each game... (Just an idea I’ve no idea how much it would cost, or if the handrails have to be FA approved or whatever).

I wouldn’t mind somewhere to stand at half time and have my beer and pie. If I buy a beer fine, if I buy a pie fine, but if I buy both there’s never enough space to pop my beer down while I eat the pie. Even a couple of extra shelves along the walls, or even drinks holders, would be helpful. I sometimes go back to my seat to eat it, but in the depths of winter it’s nice to eat it inside with a bovril or a beer.

Also, as has been said a few times, the north stand really needs a lick of paint at least. 

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If I buy a beer fine, if I buy a pie fine, but if I buy both there’s never enough space to pop my beer down while I eat the pie. Even a couple of extra shelves along the walls, or even drinks holders, would be helpful. I sometimes go back to my seat to eat it, but in the depths of winter it’s nice to eat it inside with a bovril or a beer.

I rarely buy food or drink at Villa Park because its expensive for poor quality with a huge queue. 

But yes I often have to put stuff on the floor in The Lower Holte. 

I am pretty sure that they took out a load of shelves from the sides of the concourse a couple of years ago. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I rarely buy food or drink at Villa Park because its expensive for poor quality with a huge queue. 

But yes I often have to put stuff on the floor in The Lower Holte. 

I am pretty sure that they took out a load of shelves from the sides of the concourse a couple of years ago. 

I always end up putting stuff on the floor but it’s auch an uncomfortable way to eat or drink. 

I know what you mean re quality, I often have a hotdog outside the ground now, and although it’s probably made of snouts they taste great and has never made me feel ill. 

Its the evening games that really annoy me, end up going straight from work sometimes and that means food on the go, and ending up with a pie balanced on the floor at half time is just insult to injury.

Move the car park behind the holte to the new area where the villa village currently sits and then turn the holte car park into a box park of food stands , craft beer stalls etc ... maybe even rent space to artisans and crafts people selling handcrafted villa items rather than the shite fanatics churm out. 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/aston_villa

Open up a Getty images style database of photographs people can order. 

Paint the Holte roof goal posts (which hold up the roof) claret. 

Reinstate the famous Trinity Road gabled roof. 

Replace the corrugated metal panels of the trinity with stained glass. 

Replace the current Aston Villa FC or the Trinity Road Stand sign on the side of the trinity as approached from the holte with a screen showing classic villa moments. 

F0222C7B-80C3-467A-B545-9EE46D1D205D.jpeg

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

@thabucks thanks for adding the Etsy link in that post, never seen that before and there is some awesome stuff on there. 👍👌 May have to point Mrs Villan-Scott that way for my upcoming birthday!

As for the topic on the thread, the wooden room dividers in the 82 Lounge that are used to screen different sections off, carry the old badge, not the current one. No biggy really. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

@thabucks thanks for adding the Etsy link in that post, never seen that before and there is some awesome stuff on there. 👍👌 May have to point Mrs Villan-Scott that way for my upcoming birthday!

As for the topic on the thread, the wooden room dividers in the 82 Lounge that are used to screen different sections off, carry the old badge, not the current one. No biggy really. 

I found it so frustrating that the club merchandise offering is and has always been shite... Before I left OUFC I was working on something similar ... contacting local artists and fans to produce product and move away from usual tat .. There is market for more upmarket fare ready for the taking but is ignored . 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Move the car park behind the holte to the new area where the villa village currently sits and then turn the holte car park into a box park of food stands , craft beer stalls etc ... maybe even rent space to artisans and crafts people selling handcrafted villa items rather than the shite fanatics churm out. 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/aston_villa

Open up a Getty images style database of photographs people can order. 

Paint the Holte roof goal posts (which hold up the roof) claret. 

Reinstate the famous Trinity Road gabled roof. 

Replace the corrugated metal panels of the trinity with stained glass. 

Replace the current Aston Villa FC or the Trinity Road Stand sign on the side of the trinity as approached from the holte with a screen showing classic villa moments. 

F0222C7B-80C3-467A-B545-9EE46D1D205D.jpeg

Rebuild that linking wall in the style of the Holte and sort out those nasty looking staircases.

12 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Rebuild that linking wall in the style of the Holte and sort out those nasty looking staircases.

That staircase looks like a temporary pier staircase onto a ship. 

I do think we should have better nightime illumination, it's a very prominent landmark from the motorway. We should let people know it's the mighty Villa they are looking at. 

LED lighting is cheap and doesn't waste a ton of electricity like traditional lighting. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I do think we shod have better nightime illumination, it's a very prominent landmark from the motorway. We should let people know it's the mighty Villa they are looking at. 

LED lighting is cheap and doesn't waste a ton of electricity like traditional lighting. 

I agree I always take great pride in asking people that come up the m6 if they have seen the mighty villa park they always say no

Â