Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

16 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

In the lower Trinity, and elsewhere I’m sure, there are plenty of seats which are ‘restricted view’ and because of this the club charge less. Is there a way of changing the handrails/supports to make these views less restricted? And then the club could charge more each game... (Just an idea I’ve no idea how much it would cost, or if the handrails have to be FA approved or whatever).

building control

I also like the idea of sticking some large screens on the stadium at various points but I think the weight of adding those screens retrospectively would be a bastard to build safely

I also know the club have in the last couple of years made some changes to try and make the ground more energy efficient and spend less on running costs (flood lights, electrical points under the pitch, changes to the advertising hoardings) so im not sure if sticking a load more screens and lights on to the building is the way they want to go, making some sort of iconic lighting on the place as people drive (and fly) in to the city would be cool though

did they just say VP or the local area? I think there are more issues with the local area and what can the club do for match days than with VP itself

• Like 1

I agree on the tannoy system, it has long been an annoyance to me.

There is a constant high pitched whirring and screeching noise in the trinity from where I sit so if they can fix the tannoy system...and boot out the screeching old lady who sits behind me whilst they are at it, that would be smashing.

gnI sit in the Doug Ellis Upper, and there needs to be much better preparation for serving food at half time. How can it be that every game they run out of pies ? they even ran out of coffee at one game two years ago.

1st off the concourse is so small that the queues make it a safety hazard (impossible for anyone not wanting food to move past the counters and through).

2nd the queues are so long and poorly manged that it's impossible to get served within the normal half time period and I frequently have to leave my seat 10 minutes before half time to have any chance at all.

At the counters nearest me, (around 170) there is actually 3 sections, and a few years ago these were all open, but for the last 3/4 years one has remained closed, which makes the queueing system much worse. Also, I assume in part due to everyone complaining all the time the staff turnover seems to be very quick and this leads to people always being trained and hence slower.

Perhaps some of the program sales points could be converted to American style hotdogs, pies and cold drinks only at half time, at least this would allow another option and alleviate some of the pressure.

Also, we don't have chips available, I'd like some please 😀

Oh, and mobile singal (EE) is non-existent during the game)

Edited by dukes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

also like the idea of sticking some large screens on the stadium at various points but I think the weight of adding those screens retrospectively would be a bastard to build safely

Could we use projectors instead beaming images onto it instead then perhaps ? Also could sell advertising space as how many thousands of fans walk past it ... just a thought. 

• Like 2

Just posted this in the redevelopment thread.... 

Could the Holte pub (if financially viable in comparison) be turned into a museum as the structure befits our history? Then behind a fan park moving the car park to the rear of the north stand . 

• Like 1

On 23/06/2019 at 08:26, OutByEaster? said:

One of the things that was mentioned by the club at the recent supporters group meeting was Villa Park.

The club are currently doing lots of small building jobs to bring the club into line with Premier League regulation and to improve on some areas which were identified as needing a tidy up. Mr Purslow bemoaned the speed with which things become "normalised". He recalled his first week or two when he was looking with fresh eyes and noticed everything and talked of how familiarity means it becomes more and more difficult to notice the little things that need to be changed.

Which is where the club would like a hand - those little things - the wrong badge, a poor finish on a counter, a badly painted beam, dirty brickwork, poor signage - everything from the gates to the toilet roll holders - anything and everything you see at Villa Park that you think could be improved without having to knock down and rebuild a stand.

The club would be grateful if we can point those things out, so that they can look at making as many improvements as possible - quick wins that make Villa Park that little bit more presentable.

So, what would you fix, improve or change?

Doesn't the club have a facilities manager? It seems a lot of these things should be picked up by a facilities manager who looks after the maintenance and capital works at Villa Park. 

It was noticeable when I was there a month ago that the hardstand/car park in front of the Villa store had a lot of pot holes, and minor subsidence issues, should be dug up and redone.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No

Why not?

I’m personally not a fan of a song sung by a pair of Man City fans (bearing in mind it was that club that almost single handedly caused our downfall) being the sung anywhere near our stadium!

'Sweet Caroline' is song for semi-finals and cup finals, not after every game. On the odd occasion like the playoffs it's great, every week after a win is small time. Next we'll be asking for goal music.

We need to find our own song, 'Don't look back In Anger' has been good for a period but isn't something I want us to keep long term.

Hi Ho Silver Lining after games works for me, but you can't beat the atmosphere from the stands after a win. Some of the best after game atmospheres last season came after wins belting out 'Allez Allez Allez' with the players celebrating in front of us.

• Like 2

We have lots of fans.

1.Concourses in most areas of the ground are to small for them.

2.lots of fans want lots of food/drink.Most areas of the ground do not have enough food counters.

3.Bring the price of this mediocre food/drink down so it is more in line with the quality(I always feel ripped off no mater what I buy!!)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because it has meaning. There's a story behind it. It spontaneously became a bit of an anthem highlighting THE turning point in our downward slide. Who cares if oasis are man City fans? Who does Neil Diamond support?

It's also a **** tune.

Sweet Caroline is nice to sing along to while you're chucking your pint about. But it means nothing.

Couldn’t give a toss who Neil Diamond supports... Man City could have afforded any player they wanted... but used their infinite wealth to buy all of our best players and destabilise us instead...

Sorry - but the idea of a song being associated with us being sung by a pair of blokes who are fans of the very club that **** us to begin with just doesn’t sit right with me...

• Confused 4

As some mentioned, the roof on the Holte is really odd and at times annoying. Looks tacky. 

It annoys me too that we ‘rebranded’ the lion 3 seasons ago on our badge and the ‘old badge’ is still everywhere around the ground and the 2 big lions in the tunnel are the old design. Would like the ‘rebranding’ completed as it just looks silly to me. You didn’t see Spurs do this at WHL when they had their mini rebrand. 

PA system has needed changing for years. 

North stand looks like it needs a massive jet wash! If we are not expanding anytime soon would be worth investing in cleaning the look of the stand from the outside, it is very noticeable whenever you see it in person or on TV  

We have a fantastic home home and I love VP but there are one or two things that we need to do as a club to keep up with the terms. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Couldn’t give a toss who Neil Diamond supports... Man City could have afforded any player they wanted... but used their infinite wealth to buy all of our best players and destabilise us instead...

Sorry - but the idea of a song being associated with us being sung by a pair of blokes who are fans of the very club that **** us to begin with just doesn’t sit right with me...

The idea that Man City are the reason we fell apart is absolutely absurd! There are so many reasons, but man city do not even come close to the most significant. Madness!

• Like 4

Â