Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Even then the queues for the Holte Suite are often big.

I've never been in there, even though I've had a ST, because every time I've tried the queue has been too big for me to be arsed.

I never bother pre game but half time its great in there

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I never bother pre game but half time its great in there

How do you get in at half time? 

Do they sell food in there? I've never been inside it in my life. 

Just now, sidcow said:

How do you get in at half time? 

Do they sell food in there? I've never been inside it in my life. 

side doors inside the lower holte just before the exit takes you in at the back, you can then sit in the big room or walk through to the other side, access to probably the best toilets in any football stadium

I think they do food, at the back they have some sort of buffet set up, never used it myself, the beer has big queues still but better than the concourse, they count the numbers going in and shut the doors after so many so you have to be quick to get in

I don't know any stadium that has a similar facility, its class

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Apparently there's lots of work going on at Villa Park, and it looks like some of the ideas from this thread have been taken on (for example I've seen pictures on Twitter of the Holte having claret cladding put on the metal roof supports).  Anyone got any details of the other major improvements and pics?  I'm a bit of a nerd for this sort of stuff..... 😳

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Instead of K1,K2 etc for our blocks they should be renamed with legends of our club. So K1 could be the Ian Taylor enclosure K2 The Billy Walker , K3 Sid Cowans . This way more of legends get the recognition they deserve.

Nice idea but would make it much harder for fans to figure out where they need to go

On 26/06/2019 at 09:06, villa4europe said:

side doors inside the lower holte just before the exit takes you in at the back, you can then sit in the big room or walk through to the other side, access to probably the best toilets in any football stadium

I think they do food, at the back they have some sort of buffet set up, never used it myself, the beer has big queues still but better than the concourse, they count the numbers going in and shut the doors after so many so you have to be quick to get in

They do do food at half time and before the game.

Or at least they definitely used to. My sister used to work in there.

Anyone know about anything inside the ground?  I have read new LED video screens and an upgraded PA system.  Also I think there was mention of re-opening disused hospitality areas in the Witton Lane and Trinity?  I also think they were upgrading the LED ad-boards and flood lights to meet Premier League requirements?

1 hour ago, andycv said:

Anyone know about anything inside the ground?  I have read new LED video screens and an upgraded PA system.  Also I think there was mention of re-opening disused hospitality areas in the Witton Lane and Trinity?  I also think they were upgrading the LED ad-boards and flood lights to meet Premier League requirements?

(not aimed at you or anyone in particular)

This thread is for OBE? to communicate problems around the ground to people who can fix them. Please use the "Villa Park redevelopment" thread to talk about ground redevelopments.

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The clock in the Lower Holte L3 side NEVER works for longer than a month at a time before it stops again. Then they take 3 months to fix it. It has been this way for 3 years and I am at the end of my tether. 

Shall we start a go fund me page to get DDID either therapy or a wrist watch 🤔

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2019 at 09:06, villa4europe said:

Spurzzz do at their new ground.

(I realise your post was made in June, but I only spotted this Tweet the other day). 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

I was told today that they had took out one of the tiers of executive boxes in The North Stand to make one big lounge not sure if this is true or not but might be something similar to The Holte Suite for fans!?

Edited by S-Platt

40 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I was told today that they had took out one of the tiers of executive boxes in The North Stand to make one big lounge not sure if this is true or not but might be something similar to The Holte Suite for fans!?

Sounds more akin to making it more like the Trinity Road executive suite instead of small individual boxes. 

I expect they can make more money by having a big room full of lots of tables than what, 10 x boxes seating 12 people each. 

If so it also shows they have spotted a way of making more money by changing limitations of an out of date stand.  Large suites seem more fashionable/financially productive compared to what is possibly an out moded concept of "having your own box" 

I think they have struggled to sell boxes at times, certainly I know plenty of companies who used to take boxes but with cost cutting do not any more. However most companies could book tables on a match by match basis.  Then you also have another large room to rent out for functions on non match days. 

I would think this is further evidence of commercial awareness from the new owners/their team thinking of how to do things differently instead of just plodding along with how it's always been done. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe the North Stand suites have been closed for all games bar the big ones like Blues since we got relegated. Having done the stadium tour years ago the exec boxes are fairly pokey and no chance of having outdoor seats which is much more popular these days. However I can't see much point of doing a massive refurb if in about 5 years the whole thing could be pulled down.

Fun fact- having two tiers of executive boxes was suggested by William Dugdale who was chairman at the time, and was uncle to call-me-dave cameron.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â