Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Some nice touches in the second half and some good bits of play down the left hand side, but you know what...

... I really don''t care. I'm waiting for this guy to look half way like a striker and he doesn't. He makes no attempt to make a run off his opposing defender's shoulder, he never demonstrates any clever movement anywhere on the pitch, never makes good runs in the box, never is in space in the box. Today he was up against the two worst centre halves in the league and couldn't get much out of them.

I'd say I'm sick of him, sick of the sight of him, people want to be deluded and say he's getting no service, the same was said when Hogan was here but a shite player is a shite player and Wesley looks every inch a shite player at this stage. Blaming the service is like Corbyn supporters blaming Brexit for the election loss, it's only one part of the story (and not the biggest part).

I sincerely hope that we are bidding for strikers right now, I sincerely hope that we get a new striker early Jan and that Wesley spends the rest of the season coming off the bench. If he cannot sufficiently impress off the bench then he will need to be sold in the summer. This guy just does not look even close to being a top flight player at a respectable level of football. I'm sorry but I've just had enough of his 'performances', not good enough.

Not comparable to Hogan at all. People said Hogan needed a change of system what people are saying is you need support when you are a solo striker and he isn't getting it because our off ball movement is so shit. We had 43% possession against **** Norwich. It isn't Wesley's fault that we are not keeping possession of the ball. We probably deserved to get beaten but we got away with it. Whoever the **** coaches our players needs to drill in pass and move because it seems like our players don't understand this basic concept. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Not comparable to Hogan at all. People said Hogan needed a change of system what people are saying is you need support when you are a solo striker and he isn't getting it because our off ball movement is so shit. We had 43% possession against **** Norwich. It isn't Wesley's fault that we are not keeping possession of the ball. We probably deserved to get beaten but we got away with it. Whoever the **** coaches our players needs to drill in pass and move because it seems like our players don't understand this basic concept. 

It's Wesley's fault that he doesn't have the ability to do striking basics such as make good runs and find space into the box. 

Sorry but the guy is just rubbish and needs to be taken out. I not saying he's never going to be any good but, if we keep persisting with him, especially if we bring someone else in, it will be a major contribution to our relegation as that's where we're heading unless we have someone playing up front who can do the necessary stuff that strikers should do such as holding the ball up to allow others to get forward, attack the near post, run I to the channels, bully defenders etc. 

He has the physique to be a good centre forward but I don't think he's got the brain/nous to play that role. I don't know where that leaves him to be honest. He needs it coaching into him. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Again the level of ridiculousness in this thread. 

A player who doesn't attempt a lot of passes and has a low pass completion percentage has no part in the team being poor at keeping the ball. 

Utter madness

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The eye test doesn't though. Because when they receive the ball they have about 4 or 5 options wesley at most has 2 so to me it is clear the midfield are losing it cheaply whereas wes isn't getting the support he needs to initiate attacks. 

If you think wesley is better at keeping the ball than luiz, hourihane and other midfield players then there is no point discussing it further. 

You've gone to new levels of deluded in your opinion of wesley

Not having this Wes not getting the support. This is where I was a month ago, because I truly like the guy, he looks a tough strong player. But watching him over the last couple of games, he is so weak, don't like a tackle or physical challenge. There was one set piece today where with his stature he could have got his head on it, but he didn't even jump. Baffled why Smith still plays him, he don't even sub him an is doing Smith's reputation no good at all, Kodj ain't great but there may have been a little chance of saving our relegation fight if he was played 10 games ago.

He, an Smith for playing him, would have played a big part in our relegation if we go down.

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If we had hit Wesley more it would have been much less than the 43%. He has the first touch of a trampoline.

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He must have been told to drop so deep late. That was honestly really funny. 

One of his better games today. Controlled it a few times. Got involved in couple of deeper moves. No threat whatsoever.

It was a strange period of the game. I honestly thought Wesley was injured at this point. He was standing around behind the midfield doing nothing and Jack seemed to be playing up front. At one point he almost sat down and I thought he was going to be subbed, but then Jota came on and Wesley suddenly perked up and went up front again. It was all very weird.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elton said:

Well, it resulted in 3 points. He played well, zero service and did what he could to help the team get over the line. 

No, no. I was at the game, he doesn’t offer enough. He ran around a lot and made 1/2 good passes but he does not offer enough. He doesn’t run the channels, doesn’t make space, doesn’t get into the right positions, can’t hold the ball up and just doesn’t know where to be. 

Anyone defending him is just used to watching him now and has forgot how a decent striker plays. Hopefully this will all be forgotten in Jan.

We really need a striker that offers an out ball and knows where to be. At one point today he just refused to run when we had the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

It was a strange period of the game. I honestly thought Wesley was injured at this point. He was standing around behind the midfield doing nothing and Jack seemed to be playing up front. At one point he almost sat down and I thought he was going to be subbed, but then Jota came on and Wesley suddenly perked up and went up front again. It was all very weird.

How weird was that?! We had the ball and he just stood there refusing to run. I thought he must have been injured, but then he carried on? Utterly bizarre and to be honest, embarrassing. Should have been hauled off.

Â