Leeds vs Derby thread

Demitri_C

Just now, KMitch said:

Uhh...  I don't know where you're getting that from...  Derby fans love him and think he's had a great first season.

Whenever I have seen them they have looked absolute dire especially defensively. They have been a Top 8 team for years and always seem to spend a good bit of money for this league. Just seemed from outside he brought them backwards

Mad to think Kiko Casilla has played a few games for Real Madrid, guy is completely liability outside the box. He got sent off v Sheffield United for handball a few weeks back.

Without Jansson the Leeds defence is very nervous. Hopefully Derby can keep up the momentum in the second half.

Leeds play the way they do because their keeper sweeps the way that he does... derby have exploited that twice now with balls that are right on the border of whether he should go out or not. It’s one of those that looks really bad when it doesn’t work, but it’s something they do to allow them to be effective. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Whenever I have seen them they have looked absolute dire especially defensively. They have been a Top 8 team for years and always seem to spend a good bit of money for this league. Just seemed from outside he brought them backwards

Remember how shit our defense was before Mings/Hause came into the fold and Steer locked down the starting keeper role?  Derby are still at that phase of their rebuild.  With the right additions to the team this summer, they should challenge for the automatics next season.

In Zante, 1 Leeds fan in this bar got his top on, a right noisey knobber too. Love Derby to go through, both teams look nothing special tonight.

Derby just a team of Lampard wannabies, 80% got the posh hair doo too.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Mad to think Kiko Casilla has played a few games for Real Madrid, guy is completely liability outside the box. He got sent off v Sheffield United for handball a few weeks back.

Without Jansson the Leeds defence is very nervous. Hopefully Derby can keep up the momentum in the second half.

He has a Spain cap too 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

In Zante, 1 Leeds fan in this bar got his top on, a right noisey knobber too. Love Derby to go through, both teams look nothing special tonight.

Derby just a team of Lampard wannabies, 80% got the posh hair doo too.

When the ref isn't afraid to get the card out of his pocket, Leeds struggle to defend against teams who can play.  

• Like 1

Leeds are very good that's for sure - if they're on top they'll probably beat us.

That said, it's worth remember that Derby are pretty poor over all - we beat them 7-0 if you add up the scores of the two times we played them this season. Also, Leeds aren't invincible. Mentally, I think they're very suspect, as we saw the other week. I mean, they completely choked automatic promotion.