New Music 2019

Xann

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Really like Buzzard buzzard buzzard, think they’re pally with Boy Azooga too.

Good couple of tracks available on YouTube. 

As for their first live tv appearance - it was bloody good! 

I think the connection through quite a few bands at the moment is Matthew Evans (Keys, Murray The Hump). He's doing an awful lot through the Uni and pushing people to gig and network.

I know Evans has had Davey Newington play in a few variations of his band and then switched it so he's played along behind Newington / Boy Azooga.

The official video for one of the Buzzard songs is filmed in and around the Uni, by students studying film and production. The kids get pushed to go and perform in local cafes and the likes.

So I think there's a decent collaborative vibe around it all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I've purchased the Dennis Wilson 7" featuring Hawkins/May/Taylor. It's been in the vaults for 9 years. Got it from Switzerland via Discogs though, list price was £10.99 and they only added two quid on. Not too bad.

A friend in the US has sent me an MP3 of this, must say it's brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lykantropi - Spirituosa 

Bit partial as I know a few people in the band but this is actually quite good.

Part 60's-70's psych rock, part modern(-ish) folk rock

Bildresultat för lykantropi spirituosa

Really looking forward to Slipknot's new LP We Are Not Your Kind in August. Unsainted has gone down an absolute treat after a great one off single All Out Life late last year.

Corey's voice seems to be a bit better this time round after Vol. 5, less strained and forced and he seems to have picked the pace up a bit and found a similar sound that he had in the early days. Also, the new masks are great.

Never really got into All Hope is Gone outside of the tracks released as singles, Vol.5 overall was good but was too ploddy, gritty and disjointed. 

All signs are pointing to album no.6 being a belter. Nothing will ever live up to Self Titled and Iowa but if they can reach the quality of Vol.3 again then I'll be happy. A feel approaching an Iowa/Vol.3 mash up would be ideal for me.

Slipknot-We-Are-Not-Your-Kind.jpg?w=720&

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

On 01/06/2019 at 21:55, LakotaDakota said:

Given the sub 100 twitter followers i'm guessing nobody will have heard of this but some of the indie folks may like it

I nearly really like that, and nearly don’t like it. Slowed down a tad and it’d be better, perhaps. Slightly Julia Jacklin ish, which is a good thing.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I nearly really like that, and nearly don’t like it. Slowed down a tad and it’d be better, perhaps. Slightly Julia Jacklin ish, which is a good thing.

Adjust the youtube playback speed to 0.75 ;)  Weirdly it does actually sound ok but it sounds very much like an Anna Calvi song at that speed

• Like 2

Â