New Music 2019

Xann

I wasn't even keen on the songs that were released during the build up to the album release to begin with, they sounded like good pop songs but didn't quite seem to be on another level like the ones from the Emotion era, but once the album was released and hearing it all in context it all seemed to come togoether.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone please get outrageously excited about the new Tool album with me, please?

I've waited 13 very long years for this and now that it's a mere 3 and a half weeks away I'm almost nervous...

15 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Someone please get outrageously excited about the new Tool album with me, please?

I've waited 13 very long years for this and now that it's a mere 3 and a half weeks away I'm almost nervous...

Paging @Chindie...

2 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Paging @Chindie...

default_OMG.gifdefault_OMG.gifdefault_OMG.gif

I've basically been listening to the following all day while modelling getting hyped.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

not tracking over the oasis debate...Liam Gallagher's released the 4th song from his new album, one of us

I really liked his 1st album, felt like he had has place, beady eye was a bit shit, noel is hit and miss, not much good new stuff about, Liam did about as well as he possibly could, saw him twice on the tour, big show at old Trafford (that wasn't his fault but was shit, horrible venue) and acoustic at the union chapel (which was incredible) saw as you were, loved it, watched the new interviews, don't mind them (noels recent interviews are better) then the new music started coming out...

it feels tired, its a mixture of veiled and not so veiled pops at noel which is shit and then whereas the 1st album for me he got away with it this time the writing team is overly playing to his voice, giving him too much "shiiiiiiiiiiine" bollocks, even once which opens really really well then runs out of ideas and ends badly, one of us is boring, its too Liam playing to his crowd for its own good, might change my mind when the complete album comes out but at the moment its really not grabbing me

the disappointing thing is the latest couple of setlists look a bit tired too, even the MTV acoustic show in Hull didn't look great (hope that gets a release though, I like the idea of MTV unplugged coming back) roll on February when the new tour comes to town 

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Growly with syrupy bits. Sound of now, innit.

Erra - 'Eye Of God'

Would not have put this as your sort of thing?

26 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's very cross about something.So very now.

2/10 WNB

(would not buy)

So its an 8/10 for would buy? ;) 

Anyway, the collaboration album between Pijn & Conjurer "Curse These Metal Hands" was released last week and its a cracker: 

Sounding like early Baroness/Mastodon, it is rather... 

noice ok GIF

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Anyway, the collaboration album between Pijn & Conjurer "Curse These Metal Hands" was released last week and its a cracker: 

Hare Metal. :)

I don't mind a bit of heavy stuff every now and again, at all, but that one Dave posted was shite 😋

• Haha 1

Â