New Music 2019

Xann

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

Black Futures' "Never Not Nothing"

Image result for never not nothing

Were the secret act at the inaugural Radar festival in Guildford last month, and (with maybe the exception of Rolo Tomassi) the best show of the weekend (more than anything as a welcome break from the 5th consecutive growly djent act, hoping the line-up is a bit more diverse for Radar #2). 

Live they were somewhere between NIN, Devo, Ministry and that bit at the end of Return Of The Jedi where the Ewoks are having a party (though it does lose a wee bit of that sense of fun on record sadly).

Had this on the last day or so - been listening to their singles etc the last few weeks and they're definitely an interesting band. The track with Bobby Gillespie is excellent.

Might go and see them supporting Black Peaks in October. Should be a good show.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Corpse Flower - Mike Patton and Jean-Claude Vannier (known for his work with Serge Gainsbourg).

Another excellent project from Patton. One of these days I might find someone who knocks him off the top of my 'Favourite Male Vocalist of all Time' list, but I doubt it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, blandy said:

That's not bad, actually. I like the motorik/Hawkwindy bits quite a lot. 

What is this, Jukebox Jury?

Next up for blandy - State Of Mind & Lifesize MC - 'Flame Thrower' - Obviously he has to listen to all of it, really bloody loud :) 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Xann said:

What is this, Jukebox Jury?

Next up for blandy - State Of Mind & Lifesize MC - 'Flame Thrower' - Obviously he has to listen to all of it, really bloody loud :) 

It’s a miss for me, Dave, I mean where’s the melody? It’s hardly Cliff Richard is it? No I can’t see the kids going down to their local Woolies and spending 3 and 6 on that platter.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, sne said:

Listened to it yesterday during work and I really like the production on this one. Cult of Luna can really do no wrong though in my opinion. Good to see that these talented Umeå lads are at it again. Going to catch them in Stockholm when they play here later in the fall. Will be the 4th time.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

Barker - Utility.

Absolutely fantastic sound design and wonderful bouncy tunes from this producer. Techno that isn't reliant on drums for the groove, but rather popping synths and atmospheric ambiance. One of my favorite electronic releases of this year.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2019 at 18:32, osmark86 said:

Listened to it yesterday during work and I really like the production on this one. Cult of Luna can really do no wrong though in my opinion. Good to see that these talented Umeå lads are at it again. Going to catch them in Stockholm when they play here later in the fall. Will be the 4th time.

Really is a fantastic album.

Been listening to it countless times and it gets better every time.

There is also a "Gomorrah car scene theme" going through it that I really like :D 

If you hear it you can't unhear it

• Haha 1

Â