New Music 2019

Xann

but seriously check out dissect on spotify, 45 minute per episode usually 2 or 3 episodes setting the scene before the album comes out and then 1 episode per song 

the sample thing fascinates me so I love that part of it and then obviously slowing it down so you can hear all the lyrics properly, really good podcast

they've done lauryn hill, Kanye, 2 Kendrick albums, frank ocean and tyler the creator so far (I haven't done the last 2, never listened to tyler and frank ocean I don't get the hype)

• Like 1

My buddies new album is out as of yesterday.

It's quite good actually. A bit Ghost, a bit Sisters of Mercy and some other pretty noticeable influences.

It's on Spotify and the usual places.

The-Dead-And-Living-The-Authors-Curse.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 late additions to add to the list, both EPs

Firstly Boris - Tears E.P.

image.jpeg.5cefbf36d88b4c81a53ce4d9a968ed30.jpeg

Came out in the summer before their latest album but only managed to pick it up at the show on Sunday; some really beautiful songs. Much more in their lighter side than the album, but as with Boris, they can rarely, if ever, put a foot wrong. 

Conjurer/Palm Reader Split

Conjurer & Palm Reader - Conjurer x Palm Reader split

This came out last week. It’s 4 covers by 2 bands. Conjurer covering one of Mastodons undisputed classics (Blood and Thunder) and Slipknot (Vermillion). Both really good covers in their own right. The Palm Reader ones are also pretty decent, covering RATM (Tire Me) & Thrice (Circles - though that is definitely the weakest). Not asked for but definitely a nice surprise!

Â