The Moth Gatherer - Esoteric Oppression 

Bildresultat för moth gatherer

Skraeckoedlan - Earth

Bildresultat för skraeckoedlan earth

Rotting Christ - The Heretics

Bildresultat för rotting christ the heretics

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe something for fans of Cash, Cave, Cohen, Waits who have a penchant for darker side of country. My debut solo album 'Ballads of the Mortal' was released digitally on Friday 5th April. It would be great if you could have a listen!

Up the Villa.

http://smarturl.it/NSBalladsoftheMortal

Edited by ReasonforRevolution
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Maybe something for fans of Cash, Cave, Cohen, Waits who have a penchant for darker side of country. My debut solo album 'Ballads of the Mortal' was released digitally on Friday 5th April. It would be great if you could have a listen!

Up the Villa.

http://smarturl.it/NSBalladsoftheMortal

Good luck with that - sounds good

(I thought the cover was a picture of Nick Helm!) 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Good luck with that - sounds good

(I thought the cover was a picture of Nick Helm!) 

Cheers buddy and thanks for listening.

I had to Google Nick Helm and after discovering it is the bloke out of 'Uncle' I can confirm it isn't the first time time I've heard that! 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While not my kind of music I can certainly see why the hype about Billie Eilish. There is definitely something there.

Edited by sne

Any of you lot going record store day shopping Saturday? Was in the queues before 7 last year but only a few i actualy wanted this year and i already know that the stores i was planning on heading to haven't even ordered most of what i want so that has pissed me off a bit.

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Any of you lot going record store day shopping Saturday? Was in the queues before 7 last year but only a few i actualy wanted this year and i already know that the stores i was planning on heading to haven't even ordered most of what i want so that has pissed me off a bit.

Nope didn't even "put an order in" nudge nudge, wink wink, this year

It's outlived its purpose and is now throttling the independent record companies, in that there are so few pressing plants nowadays that the majors are effectively taking up all the capacity in the months leading up to RSD so the Indies have to wait

The whole point of RSD was to get people buying vinyl in Indie shops again. It worked now the Majors are effectively killing it with their greed pumping out limited edition turds. Most of the people that go to RSD are now once a year vinyl shoppers

They should organise on a smaller scale now and do it once a month that would create a regular clientele. Last Friday of the month is Ltd Edition day or something

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nope didn't even "put an order in" nudge nudge, wink wink, this year

It's outlived its purpose and is now throttling the independent record companies, in that there are so few pressing plants nowadays that the majors are effectively taking up all the capacity in the months leading up to RSD so the Indies have to wait

The whole point of RSD was to get people buying vinyl in Indie shops again. It worked now the Majors are effectively killing it with their greed pumping out limited edition turds. Most of the people that go to RSD are now once a year vinyl shoppers

They should organise on a smaller scale now and do it once a month that would create a regular clientele. Last Friday of the month is Ltd Edition day or something

Yup!

Exactly this. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/04/2019 at 17:53, bickster said:

It's outlived its purpose

included within this year's gems:

a Duran Duran album, £38

an Elton John album, £30

a Queen picture disc, £55

2 Rolling Stones greatest hits albums, £58

a U2 12" single, £17

SouthPark movie original soundtrack £117 (one one seven)

I'm not bothered what other people like, but c'mon.

• Like 2

On 11/04/2019 at 23:38, chrisp65 said:

a Duran Duran album, £38

an Elton John album, £30

a U2 12" single, £17

Those are absolutely daft prices. £117 for a soundtrack that I can get on CD for a couple quid?!  Seriously? 

Though I can’t really speak, currently standing in a queue in one of the stores in Brum as I want the Mastodon tribute to their manager who passed away last year. Given I can get it on Discogs for £20-25 it doesn’t seem worth it! 

• Like 1

In the spirit of new music, I was in the Uni last weekend having a guided tour of their music and performance facilities and these were mentioned a few times, this was their first ever TV appearance this morning, booked for Glastonbury in the summer.

Top bantzzz from 4.00 in.

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

In the spirit of new music, I was in the Uni last weekend having a guided tour of their music and performance facilities and these were mentioned a few times, this was their first ever TV appearance this morning, booked for Glastonbury in the summer.

Top bantzzz from 4.00 in.

Really like Buzzard buzzard buzzard, think they’re pally with Boy Azooga too.

Good couple of tracks available on YouTube. 

As for their first live tv appearance - it was bloody good! 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

On 11/04/2019 at 23:38, chrisp65 said:

a Duran Duran album, £38

an Elton John album, £30

a U2 12" single, £17

I've purchased the Dennis Wilson 7" featuring Hawkins/May/Taylor. It's been in the vaults for 9 years. Got it from Switzerland via Discogs though, list price was £10.99 and they only added two quid on. Not too bad.

• Like 1

Â