Snooker loopy

Mark Albrighton

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He may be losing 3-1, but that last frame by Ronnie was something else. When he's in the zone he really is like nobody else, it's just mesmerising watching him.

With a couple of old Ronnie type pots in there too, that was a great frame, I love those chess match type of frames.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

With a couple of old Ronnie type pots in there too, that was a great frame, I love those chess match type of frames.

The commentators said about eight or nine times "this is a tough shot" or "how will he get position from this" and every time he just made it look so simple.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Can't believe he got away with it. I'll forever be Anyone But Higgins

I understand why you would say that, but a Murdoch rag run by Piers Morgan and video thats been edited.....

It could have been doctored to shit. We never see the disguised voice person speaking. 

If John was “scared “ in that video, as he claimed after it all came out then **** me im from Jupiter. He was the most relaxed man in the room. When you consider how hard they came down on Stephen Lee. Higgins got away with one here. 

24 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If John was “scared “ in that video, as he claimed after it all came out then **** me im from Jupiter. He was the most relaxed man in the room. When you consider how hard they came down on Stephen Lee. Higgins got away with one here. 

Again, the NOTW (a paper that had to close because of its illegal activity), Murdoch (scum) & Piers Morgan (scum, scum, scum.)

Heavily edited video. I just have a hard time buying it. That video could have been about anything else and the voce added to make it look incriminating.

The length of matches in the world championship to every other competition is ridiculous. Virtually every other one is a first to 5 in the early rounds and first to 10 in the final. To the win the worlds needs about four times as much playing time than anything else.  Its likely having a cricket season with a load of one dayers and 20-20 matches and one test match. I wonder if that helps the more experienced players as all the semi finalists are former winners, with 3 out of the 4 being multiple winners.

16 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I suspect that Higgins had some dirt or similar on the snooker hierarchy, that they didn't want coming out.  Maybe something like asking players to 'extend' games they were well in front in for the TV.  So they gave him a light sentence on offering to throw frames so them doing it anyway it didnt come out. 

Edited by lammy123

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The length of matches in the world championship to every other competition is ridiculous. Virtually every other one is a first to 5 in the early rounds and first to 10 in the final. To the win the worlds needs about four times as much playing time than anything else.  Its likely having a cricket season with a load of one dayers and 20-20 matches and one test match. I wonder if that helps the more experienced players as all the semi finalists are former winners, with 3 out of the 4 being multiple winners.

The longer the matches the better players come to the fore. I think its great. 

• Like 1

Â