Snooker loopy

Mark Albrighton

Really don't like Robertson. Up himself.

Snooker feels like it's been a bit stuck with the same players more or less winning loads since 1995.

Ronnie one of my all time favourites in any sport. Just a master. Him not caring because it's so easy to him adds to the spectacle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Ronnie one of my all time favourites in any sport. Just a master. Him not caring because it's so easy to him adds to the spectacle.

He is a genius. Most geniuses are a bit messed up, you can't be that good at something and not be a bit crazy.

I've watched him live last year and you could tell his brain works at another level. It was like Messi playing against Sunday league but not even getting out of the 2nd gear.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I like the game of the snooker shootout but the arseholes in the crowd are unbearable.

I almost posted the same. It’s like the pissed up tits at the darts 

great format which makes for unpredictable outcomes but as you say the crowd make it unwatchable 

• 3 months later...

Back on ITV4 today with the Championship League tournament which looks a decent format. On a more ominous note its also being streamed on Matchroom live, another paywall for snooker is not a good thing so hopefully they never start getting exclusive rights but I wouldn't be confident.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The two semi final finishes today were incredible, especially the Wilson v McGill one.  Selby salty as anything in his interview afterwards after losing to Ronnie.  

He was leading O'Sullivan at one stage too 13 - 11

Both very entertaining semi finals but the McGill vs Wilson final frame was something else! 

The reaction by Wilson when he effectively won the match on a fluked green was genuine and you can tell he didn't want to.win it in such a cruel manner. 

My fear is that Wilson will be so emotionally drained by that, Ronnie will dominate the final. 

As for Selby getting salty with O'Sullivan, they've always had a little niggle between them. Selby is such a machine when it comes to safety play that any chance to spoil it must be taken. Ronnie played to frustrate and wind him up but still needed to win the last three frames to progress. 

The final should be decent but O'Sullivan could run away with it if he's in the mood for it.

Well, here we go. Final session. Ronnie only needs one frame so it'll probably be over straight away. Shame, I missed the semi finals and was hoping the final might be as good. Although it's almost always a letdown.

Ronnie's fairly lethal if you give him a lead in the final. The only player who really gets under his skin is Selby who he beat in the Semi Finals.  Wilson needs to improve his positional play if he is ever to win the worlds. It is crazy that he has been winning major trophies in his chosen sport for over a quarter of a century. When will the young players knock him of his perch?

23 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Ronnie's fairly lethal if you give him a lead in the final. The only player who really gets under his skin is Selby who he beat in the Semi Finals.  Wilson needs to improve his positional play if he is ever to win the worlds. It is crazy that he has been winning major trophies in his chosen sport for over a quarter of a century. When will the young players knock him of his perch?

If he loses an arm and a leg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â