Snooker loopy

Mark Albrighton

9 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Ronnie, Woods, Federer, Nadal, Messi & Ronaldo. What an era this has been, enjoy them before they're gone. 

Anderson, Kohli

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Imagine how many world championships Sullivan would be on if the head was right 3/4 of his career. Scary to think really. 

His dad ran sex shops and served 18 years for killing someone. His mam was also put away. And Ronnnie’s marriage-like relationship ended three months ago.

Mental. Fair play to the bloke. Must thrive on the pressure or something.

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

I think Steve Davis must have offended the make-up team, they've given him the undead pallor.

Steve Davis suddenly looked old this year. Just seems to have aged a lot - even in the sound of his voice and the way he delivers his thoughts. :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Steve Davis suddenly looked old this year. Just seems to have aged a lot - even in the sound of his voice and the way he delivers his thoughts. :(

I thought that too. I also got the impression he's lost a bit of enthusiasm.

• Like 1

Ronnie showed a lot of maturity throughout the tournament, and I think the wrangle he had with the referee over the position of the cue ball after a 'miss', would have ended his tournament in years gone by.

I take his potting for granted and so I was really impressed by his defensive game.

It looks like, if you want to improve your snooker, you need to take up running.

3 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Ronnie showed a lot of maturity throughout the tournament, and I think the wrangle he had with the referee over the position of the cue ball after a 'miss', would have ended his tournament in years gone by.

I take his potting for granted and so I was really impressed by his defensive game.

It looks like, if you want to improve your snooker, you need to take up running.

Or at least take a professional approach. Allen and Maguire both have a lot of talent but they have said in the past that is snooker for them is just a game and not a sport . Well Allen at least said that. And both have perhaps not fulfilled their true potential.

I thought O'Sullivan's comments about his dad were strange.

Glad he could see me win,  he said, as the first time I won it he was in a prison cell on his own.

Considering he was in for murder I doubt he'll be getting much sympathy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

He was mic'd up for a Netflix documentary throughout the tournament. The cynic in me suggests it was all a bit hammed up at times.

It's not like he hasn't had form for this before.

I can't wait for the doc personally. Will be interesting just to hear what he mutters after a pot/miss.

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

He was mic'd up for a Netflix documentary throughout the tournament. The cynic in me suggests it was all a bit hammed up at times.

Do you think that's why he was whispering to Judd for so long at the end?

21 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Do you think that's why he was whispering to Judd for so long at the end?

Netflix director in his ear - "That's it Ronnie, hug...hug...hug...keep hugging...hug...hug...keep going Ronnie, this is brilliant...hug...hug...and... release". "Now we only need 5 minutes of footage to make up the rest of the hour; thanks!"

• Haha 2

If it's anything like Drive to Survive, Ronnie will have been whispering "Well done mate. You're a great player, put up a great fight, good luck for everything in future, let's grab a drink after"

And when the doc comes out they'll have dubbed it over with him saying "**** you you absolute prick! I hope you die! This time next year I'll face you again and I'll eat your **** babies you **** word removed"

• Haha 1

Â