Snooker loopy

Mark Albrighton

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Haven't watched snooker for ages but have looked in a few times this tournament. 

Blimey these Chinese are good. 

In my mind I see barbed wire surrounded compounds out in China, where poor young men are forced to play snooker 18 hours a day for years until they are deemed good enough, then released into the world. 

It's their cunning plan you know. 

I don't think that's just your mind.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just watched Ronnie O'Sullivan win 6-1 in the UK Masters. 

I really don't think he needs people bellowing "g'warn Ronnie" and other such shit. 

Gobby Cockney cabbages, just stfu. 

• Like 3

Was Higgins v Williams yesterday.  They have been playing against each other for about 30 years. Remarkable staying power, I know snooker isn't a physical sport but still.

Snooker could do with some new fresh faces though. Even players like Trump are in their 30s. Has the talent dried up?

"Gods of Snooker" on the iPlayer if fantastic.

Really enjoying it. I remember watching the 85 final on the "upstairs TV" after my mom and dad had gone to bed. It was a portable that you tuned in with a dial and was in black and white. (I sound flippin old)

I rooted for Jimmy White and hated Stephen Hendry. Loved me a bit of snooker back then.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, brommy said:

What hand gesture is Ronnie in trouble for this time?

No idea, but he apparently did it after he missed an easy black so rocket polisher would be my guess. As if to say “That was w##k”

2 hours ago, av1 said:

No idea, but he apparently did it after he missed an easy black so rocket polisher would be my guess. As if to say “That was w##k”

That was my guess too. He's done that before.

Will Lisowski ever make it to the next step of his career or he is a natural bottler? So much potential, much like Wilson but they never seem to make that step up to the next level of their careers. C’mon Jack, hold your nerve. 

Edited by Ingram85

13 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Will Lisowski ever make it to the next step of his career or he is a natural bottler? So much potential, much like Wilson but they never seem to make that step up to the next level of their careers. C’mon Jack, hold your nerve. 

He must have read this 😁

Â