Snooker loopy

Mark Albrighton

We had two of the best semi-finals ever and one of the worst finals ever. I take nothing away from Ronnie he’s the GOAT but Wilson was dreadful today and handed him the trophy. He played great against Trump and McGill and was good last night but unlucky but how I wish we have had a final between Ronnie and Trump, 

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

We had two of the best semi-finals ever and one of the worst finals ever. I take nothing away from Ronnie he’s the GOAT but Wilson was dreadful today and handed him the trophy. He played great against Trump and McGill and was good last night but unlucky but how I wish we have had a final between Ronnie and Trump, 

In the land of midgets the tall man is king. His opponents make him look good. Look at the field when Davis was winning titles, look at his opponents. RS is without question a great player but not even close to what Davis had to beat during his career. 

43 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

In the land of midgets the tall man is king. His opponents make him look good. Look at the field when Davis was winning titles, look at his opponents. RS is without question a great player but not even close to what Davis had to beat during his career. 

And Davis had a much better taste in music 🤘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

It's personal preference like with all greatest of all time debates, I'd say Ronnie being World Champion in 3 different decades is a more remarkable achievement.  His ability has barely dropped off now he is in his mid-40s whereas once Hendry and Davis's dominance ended they got worse quite quickly.  It shows a more natural gift for the game.  He also had to play Ding, Williams and Selby on the way to the final which must be as hard a way to win as is possible.

I think with O’Sullivan, he has maintained his form and ability since the 90s, during which time the game has changed and developed, which is phenomenal achievement.

Steve Davis was the best of his era, in which a century was heralded as brilliance - now centuries are just a figure and all players are capable of scoring heavily most frames.

Hendry took the game on from Davis and really developed the art of break building, ushering in high scoring frames

Then came Ronnie, Higgins and Williams who took the game on further, adding long potting and attacking safety shots. 

However Ronnie went further, learning to play left handed to a quality standard, not just a one off shot and his speed around the table, scoring with a devastating effect.

he is a snooker genius and is flawed because of it but no doubt, the modern game would not be as popular without him. 

• Like 1

Hendry had a spell of 6 wins in 7 years. He was a machine 

If O'Sullivan had that determination, he'd have double the amount of world titles.

I really enjoyed seeing Ronnie win the final last week. Snooker has always been 110% better in my opinion, when the likes of Jimmy White, Alex Higgins or Ronnie are or have been, at the table. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Jimmy White has still got it.  Lovely 130 break in last frame and he's 3-1 up (best of 7)

I went off Jimmy White after I saw him give his assistant the hairdryer treatment in the foyer of a Hong Kong hotel. 

• Sad 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Last 4 of the World Championship

Pleased to see Rocket Ronnie and Judd Trump have both been knocked out

Selby to win. 

Â