Snooker loopy

Mark Albrighton

Bingham has out-shithoused him so far, that fluke on the pink and playing trick shots on the last black, requesting for re racks had Selby totally rattled. 

Was brilliant when Ronnie got under his skin last year in the semi. 

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Ridiculous making them come back to play 2 frames after the second semi. Could of pushed Wilson-Murphy out until 7.30.

I'm not so sure. The other players have mentally prepared themselves to start at a certain time. It would be unfair to change that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Murphy completed a great comeback

Murphy vs The Snail in the final. 

After Bingham mentioned Selby’s slow matchplay, Selby was quick(!) to point out that Bingham had the same average shot time. 28 seconds is slow though!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Murphy completed a great comeback

Murphy vs The Snail in the final. 

A little story for you all here..

I remember talking to Max Griggs many years ago (former owner of Rushden & Diamonds).

He told me to watch out for Shaun Murphy (Rushden lad) who would go onto win a championship one day and he had a few quid on him (way back then) to reach greatness. Shaun was only a youngster at the time like myself.

I went to watch a snooker match featuring Shaun Murphy many years ago now at the Diamond Centre (adjacent to the old Rushden And Diamonds ground of Nene Park that's now demolished) and I seen what he meant. He was a great player even back then!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

Didn't really watch the UK Championship this year but looks like the Chinese 'invasion' is finally happening and the old guard are frankly, a bit too old now.

Bit of a traditionalist and don't really like the current format of the UK. The semi finals should at least also be first to 10. I feel its a distant third in the triple crown stakes.

• Like 1

Haven't watched snooker for ages but have looked in a few times this tournament. 

Blimey these Chinese are good. 

In my mind I see barbed wire surrounded compounds out in China, where poor young men are forced to play snooker 18 hours a day for years until they are deemed good enough, then released into the world. 

It's their cunning plan you know. 

• Like 1

Â