AVFC accounts 2018

Tony

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Would be pleasantly surprised if it isn't some random generic betting company.

Something like 17 or 18 teams in the Championship have this. 32Red sponsor 5...

Going for the Egyptian connection maybe CIB? Giant Egyptian bank who both Sawiris and his brother has had a lot of dealings with.

I think Purslow said he would try to get away from betting companies

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Purslow said he would try to get away from betting companies

I'll give you 3/1 he was telling the truth

40 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Every year there's a 'conversation' about how our wage bill will be 'x' next year.

More often than not it's quite wide of the mark.

It's all about guesswork (not least because the actual wages of the players that people will be deducting from the wage bill aren't actually known - so it's guesses upon guesses).

Now that's fine if we're just having a chat and a punt but when we're talking about that in terms of actual figures and using that to make 'confident' predictions of what future years should be based on then it's largely a load of old tosh.

Yeah, nobody knows the wages for sure but I'm fairly confident our ability to lower them won't offset the parachute payments stopping. 

Not claiming to be ITK on wages but it's enough to concern me. 

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Yeah, nobody knows the wages for sure but I'm fairly confident our ability to lower them won't offset the parachute payments stopping. 

Not claiming to be ITK on wages but it's enough to concern me. 

I have no idea what relevance this has to what I posted.

Whatever the saving on the wage bill, we’re presumably going to have to bring in some players to replace them. 

So some of those savings are going straight back out again, saving on Jedinak’s £50k a week (or whatever) is nice but £10k-15k will presumably go on an equivalent new player for instance. So any estimates of savings are going to have to be offset with that.

Hopefully the days of spending crazy wages in the championship are more or less over this summer and maybe this forms part of the sustainable future that’s being put into place (and has been assured with the football league).

Edited by Shropshire Lad

10 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Whatever the saving on the wage bill, we’re presumably going to have to bring in some players to replace them. 

So some of those savings are going straight back out again, saving on Jedinak’s £50k a week (or whatever) is nice but £10k-15k will presumably go on an equivalent new player for instance. So any estimates of savings are going to have to be offset with that.

Hopefully the days of spending crazy wages in the championship are more or less over this summer and maybe this forms part of the sustainable future that’s being put into place (and has been assured with the football league).

We will, I wonder how much spare we will have. We have been massively overspending since Doug left, hence we are where we are now

10 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Plus the transfer fee, the signing on fees and agents fees. I don't see how we can possibly built over half a squad in one summer unless we are dragging in some proper journeymen.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Plus the transfer fee, the signing on fees and agents fees. I don't see how we can possibly built over half a squad in one summer unless we are dragging in some proper journeymen.

I'm guessing we will look at the lower leagues and free transfers. Smith brought ollie Watkins in and he is a superb player. 

Is it true ffp doesn't include youth signings? If that's the case w ejust spend big on some of the best young players in the world 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm guessing we will look at the lower leagues and free transfers. Smith brought ollie Watkins in and he is a superb player. 

Is it true ffp doesn't include youth signings? If that's the case we just spend big on some of the best young players in the world 

But then you risk landing in the same trouble that Real, Barca, Atletico and Chelsea have resulting in a transfer ban that way instead.

Also not sure Birmingham is a big pull for most kids  :D 

14 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I really refuse to believe that we would have splurged £5million on a new RB in January for us to then allow him to go back on loan and also for us to have spent £7million on a goalkeeper when we could have just recalled Steer anyway and had him compete with Nyland.

There has to be a plan. Simply has to be.

If there was a “I bloody hope there is” reaction I’d have done that, but as it is, a standard like will have to do.

• Like 2

Â