AVFC accounts 2018

Tony

The thing is the january buys dont really say anything, as we could be buying them hoping we will go up and avoid sanctions. Obviously we hope that this is not the case.

It could also mean that were ok in terms of FFP and they have a plan round it etc, if this is so i would love to know how as i cant see any other conclusion other than us failing from what we know so far.

There were suggestions from Purslow that FFP was reset when edens and sawiris came in.  I wonder if like last summer we showed the EFL a plan going forward for them to ok on how wè will comply or fund the losses etc. I believe that our possible case is different to the Blues in a sense that their board failed to come up with a plan the EFL agrees with numerous times going forward and then signed Pedersen whilst under an embargo.

Not great reading; we're clearly working alongside the EFL to try and get on top of things. Hopefully any breach will be met with a fine rather than points deduction; guess we'll find out after we see what happens with that mob down the road. 

We really were finished werent we until we got that investment. So grafeful to NSWE. Putting a hell of a lot of money into something that wont return much, potential is huge of course, but until we get back to the Prem, thats all it is- potential. Things could be unbearable if we were to get hit with an embargo as others have in the past. That coupled with losing our best players doesnt bare thinking about. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And people passionately defended that fraud of a previous owner. Amazing what a bit of PR does for someone. 

It's amazing how badly we were run under him. £68m needed since last summer just to keep us afloat??? What the hell was going on??

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's amazing how badly we were run under him. £68m needed since last summer just to keep us afloat??? What the hell was going on??

Combine that with the fact Xia had either run out of money or was unable to get it out of China then we would be in serious trouble right now. We would have had to sell players, not bring any in and even then the club would have been running up significant losses with no pay to players and staff. I imagine we would now be bottom of the league and heading into football obscurity.

Scary really.

Despite this Villa may be okay in terms of FFP as some costs are excluded. Have estimated that FFP losses for last two seasons are £25.1 million so maximum loss for 2018/19 is £13.9 million. Will be tough due to parachute payments falling but not impossible #AVFC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Despite this Villa may be okay in terms of FFP as some costs are excluded. Have estimated that FFP losses for last two seasons are £25.1 million so maximum loss for 2018/19 is £13.9 million. Will be tough due to parachute payments falling but not impossible #AVFC

Sounds like everything is going to be a.o.k. which is nice.

Just now, Jareth said:

Sounds like everything is going to be a.o.k. which is nice.

I hope so as Villa need to be back in the top flight and not in the Championship. The challenge for 2019 is that the FFP Loss for 2017/2018 is estimated at £20m. If you add to the loss the reduction in parachute payment for 2018/2019 (£17m) and that there isn't a £16m profit on player sales then the FFP Loss for this season is approx £53m. If £14m is allowed for a FFP loss for 2018/2019 then savings of £39m are required to stay within the FFP rules.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

“board actively seeking actions to avoid future breaches”

Does this mean that we have actually breached FFP rules?

No I think it means we are being proactive to avoid being in breach in the near future.

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This is not that bad. We have managed to whioe 50m off the debt on xias first year of losses therefore we are showing we are addressing these problems. 

If we sell mcginn let's say at 20m then the losses become significantly less. Also a lot of high earners are leaving in the summer so that wilm help greatly. 

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No I think it means we are being proactive to avoid being in breach in the near future.

I misread it as "further breaches", perhaps @El-Reacho did the same. 

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And people passionately defended that fraud of a previous owner. Amazing what a bit of PR does for someone. 

Worse than Lerner. He nearly killed the club the prick. Moment he came in he seemed dodgy

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

bigger picture, it's amazing how a 140+ year old club could so easily have been destroyed at the hands of 1 person. something needs to be looked at here, as the fit and proper person tests clearly didn't work

37 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

bigger picture, it's amazing how a 140+ year old club could so easily have been destroyed at the hands of 1 person. something needs to be looked at here, as the fit and proper person tests clearly didn't work

Tell me how you can conclude how a person is fit and proper?

Has he the money = Yes

Has he been involved in any Criminality = No

There is nothing and virtually impossible to legislate that he is going to be like a kid in a sweetie shop and spend like Crazy.  This is why the fit and proper test is worth very little.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Has he the money = Yes

There is nothing and virtually impossible to legislate that he is going to be like a kid in a sweetie shop and spend like Crazy.  This is why the fit and proper test is worth very little.

Has he the money = No

This was the problem, Xia had no money, he gambled the future of the football club using the parachute payments and ran up debts that could have crippled us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Has he the money = Yes

the problem is that the correct answer to your 1st question either was either no, or "yes, but cannot shift it out of china"

Â