AVFC accounts 2018

Tony

4 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

I really refuse to believe that we would have splurged £5million on a new RB in January for us to then allow him to go back on loan and also for us to have spent £7million on a goalkeeper when we could have just recalled Steer anyway and had him compete with Nyland.

There has to be a plan. Simply has to be.

Wasn't there something mentioned about one of the owners buying the Bodymoor Heath land off the club and then letting us stay there, or something like that?

I may have been drunk when reading that though! But, like you say, it does seem odd us spending money like that and bringing loanees in with options to buy if there's no money. 

5 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

I really refuse to believe that we would have splurged £5million on a new RB in January for us to then allow him to go back on loan and also for us to have spent £7million on a goalkeeper when we could have just recalled Steer anyway and had him compete with Nyland.

There has to be a plan. Simply has to be.

Perhaps the plan is to get promoted this season and benefit from the extra TV money? 😯

Just realised I posted the below in the Mcginn thread! Was meant for here.

Purely speculating but I don’t think FFP is not as black and white as people think. The football league want to ensure clubs don’t go bankrupt. They will discuss plans with clubs to decide if they are gambling with the clubs future or whether they have a sound plan to get back in the black.. That’s why thes likes of Blues are being punished whereas we continue to spend.

i think fans are worrying too much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Perhaps the plan is to get promoted this season and benefit from the extra TV money? 😯

We're not dealing with Dr Tony anymore though. These men in charge are real businessmen. I really don't think they would pin everything on promotion. Far too much risk involved. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

We're not dealing with Dr Tony anymore though. These men in charge are real businessmen. I really don't think they would pin everything on promotion. Far too much risk involved. 

Seems a shame then that we are having to speculate that they have some hidden, unknown plan. Why can't these real  businessmen just say what it is? I was more clear about Xia’s plan (albeit it seemed to be built on quicksand) than I am about theirs.

• Like 1

As others have said, there is a gulf in difference between an architect of FFP rules being in charge, and Keith Wyness. Keith seemed impressive next to Tom Fox or Paul Faulkner, because he had actually done the job once before in his life - but it was a pretty low bar. We are finally in good hands here so personally rather than dreading the outcome I'm looking forward to seeing how they take us forwards.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just realised I posted the below in the Mcginn thread! Was meant for here.

Purely speculating but I don’t think FFP is not as black and white as people think. The football league want to ensure clubs don’t go bankrupt. They will discuss plans with clubs to decide if they are gambling with the clubs future or whether they have a sound plan to get back in the black.. That’s why thes likes of Blues are being punished whereas we continue to spend.

i think fans are worrying too much. 

I think your in for a reality check come the summer of we don't go up. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can I start a relegation thread again ? ;)

I wouldn't go that far! But I expect sown very tough decisions come the summer. Either mcginn or grealish will be sold I think. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wouldn't go that far! But I expect sown very tough decisions come the summer. Either mcginn or grealish will be sold I think. 

Probably Grealish. We’ll survive. I may end up being disappointed but I strongly believe we’ll start next season with a very good team and hit the ground running. 

Im excited. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably Grealish. We’ll survive. I may end up being disappointed but I strongly believe we’ll start next season with a very good team and hit the ground running. 

Im excited. 

I was s just reading about all the palyer out of contract and all the loans that have tk gk back. The squad is going to be wafer thin. With no being able to sign any players with our financial situation I think we are heavily going to rely on cheap players form lower leagues freebies and youth. Unless one of the two goes. 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I was s just reading about all the palyer out of contract and all the loans that have tk gk back. The squad is going to be wafer thin. With no being able to sign any players with our financial situation I think we are heavily going to rely on cheap players form lower leagues freebies and youth. Unless one of the two goes. 

Relax Dem! We’ll be fine bro. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Irony is when Xia revelaed all his grandiose plans and tweets, the murmors were "Tired of all his tweets and bullshit talk, I'd rather owners get on with it quietly, makes him look like a charlatan and nut job".

Owners with proven business acumen come in, outline the basis of the direction they go in, and quietly go about business in the background "Why can't they just come out and tell us what the plan is? There is no plan, they don't know what theyre doing, no football experience, we're doomed!"

What if the plans are still in process? They've only been here like 6 months.

🙄

No emoji no party

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Irony is when Xia revelaed all his grandiose plans and tweets, the murmors were "Tired of all his tweets and bullshit talk, I'd rather owners get on with it quietly, makes him look like a charlatan and nut job".

Owners with proven business acumen come in, outline the basis of the direction they go in, and quietly go about business in the background "Why can't they just come out and tell us what the plan is? There is no plan, they don't know what theyre doing, no football experience, we're doomed!"

What if the plans are still in process? They've only been here like 6 months.

🙄

I think you’re just speculating that they have some hidden, unknown plan that we are not aware of!

Don’t forget the starting point for this is the accounts not appearing to add up and people saying they can’t believe that and the new bosses must have a hidden plan. I just want to know why a plan would need to be hidden.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I think you’re just speculating that they have some hidden, unknown plan that we are not aware of!

Don’t forget the starting point for this is the accounts not appearing to add up and people saying they can’t believe that and the new bosses must have a hidden plan. I just want to know why a plan would need to be hidden.

You're assuming it is hidden. A business plan that the club are aware of, doesn't need to have all the details shared with the general public. That doesn't make it some hidden plan. 

Â