AVFC accounts 2018

Tony

Looking at the way we've done this previously, I suspect it's possible there will be a write-off of value on the training ground because of HS2 along with some compensation money for the same, and I think it's possible we can also write off the cost of redevelopment.

So, say the training ground is worth £5m less, because the corner now has a train track through it, then we can write that off our losses - and then if we get £4m from the Govt to compensate that, then we can add that to our top line and it'll help, and if we spend £3m on new pitches at the end of the training ground that isn't full of choo-choos, we can write that off against our losses too. That would be £8m off the losses and £4m on the top - it'd make a decent sized difference.

Of course, I know the best part of diddly squat about this stuff, I'm not an accountant, I'm a confused dreamer looking to justify the confidence of our CEO - is any of it possible?

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looking at the way we've done this previously, I suspect it's possible there will be a write-off of value on the training ground because of HS2 along with some compensation money for the same, and I think it's possible we can also write off the cost of redevelopment.

So, say the training ground is worth £5m less, because the corner now has a train track through it, then we can write that off our losses - and then if we get £4m from the Govt to compensate that, then we can add that to our top line and it'll help, and if we spend £3m on new pitches at the end of the training ground that isn't full of choo-choos, we can write that off against our losses too. That would be £8m off the losses and £4m on the top - it'd make a decent sized difference.

Of course, I know the best part of diddly squat about this stuff, I'm not an accountant, I'm a confused dreamer looking to justify the confidence of our CEO - is any of it possible?

What would you charge to do my accounts? 😂

• Haha 2

I still think that as the largest highest profile club in The Championship we will sign the largest sponsorship deal ever seen in the championship but which they will convince the League is justifiable. We'll sign the biggest kit deal ever seen which again will convince them as justifiable. 

We'll sign multiple other sponsorship deals for areas currently not sponsored.  Have lucrative tie ups with Edens US franchises, paid for consultancy work, stand sponsorship, cost reductions from the US tie ins to reduce the expenses line.  

There will be every conceivable creative way used to get money in or reduce expenses and they will have their arguments and justifications well thought out by cleverer people than The Championship can afford. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I still think that as the largest highest profile club in The Championship we will sign the largest sponsorship deal ever seen in the championship but which they will convince the League is justifiable. We'll sign the biggest kit deal ever seen which again will convince them as justifiable. 

We'll sign multiple other sponsorship deals for areas currently not sponsored.  Have lucrative tie ups with Edens US franchises, paid for consultancy work, stand sponsorship, cost reductions from the US tie ins to reduce the expenses line.  

There will be every conceivable creative way used to get money in or reduce expenses and they will have their arguments and justifications well thought out by cleverer people than The Championship can afford. 

Now I like all of that, I like all of the answers in it and I think they're all feasible. Except for one thing, if we're doing that, why haven't we done any of it already?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Now I like all of that, I like all of the answers in it and I think they're all feasible. Except for one thing, if we're doing that, why haven't we done any of it already?

Because all our agreements were in place when they arrived.  They all expire end of this season. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Because all our agreements were in place when they arrived.  They all expire end of this season. 

But there's loads of new stuff that could have been done already - don't get me wrong, I think our commercial deals will be much better than previously, but I'm not sure it'll be a cure all. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

But there's loads of new stuff that could have been done already - don't get me wrong, I think our commercial deals will be much better than previously, but I'm not sure it'll be a cure all. 

They will have spent the last few months looking at what's needed, making plans, having meetings, lining things up. 

If we get promoted they would be different discussions but these things can't be done just by turning up and the following week announcing them. 

I think they'll wait till they know which league we are in before announcing them.  If we're promoted they might not need to shoe in as much as if we stay down. 

I think it will be an interesting summer from a commercial point of view. 

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Selling additional sponsorships which weren't available during last year's touring would devalue the apparent worth of deals which were signed. If they could afford to wait for a clean slate, I'd expect them to wait rather than risk sponsors getting their noses out of joint.

• Like 2

Â