AVFC accounts 2018

Tony

27 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

insanity really when you think that we were competing in the same league as teams like Burton who run the club with a 77 grand overdraft facility

Same as Tony's new Natwest account..

We cannot and will not go on like this.

I think some people are in for a shock in the summer when we have to build an entire new team with no money, no turnover and very few sellable assets.

I think Hogan is loaned out to get games and will probably start the main man next year.

I see no feasible way we can afford or attract Mings. Smith is going nowhere because he is cheap, will work with what he has been given and will be desperate to succeed regardless.

That is the honest truth. I think some people are living in an alternative reality with regards to the summer.

I expect cheap free journeymen. Clayton Donaldson's and the like.

Edit : not that I am against working on a budget now. Other teams do it and get out the league. How many times have we been outplayed by a side built on frees and flops molded into a team since we have been down here?

Edited by rodders0223

5 hours ago, KHV said:

Sell Chester, sell McGinn and sell Grealish with high earners contracts being up in the summer too we should be okay. There will be no massive summer rebuild people are expecting. All the youngsters we have on loan will be brought in which is why they are all on loan at the moment. Next season will be horrible.

How do you explain the Kalanic transfer?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

How do you explain the Kalanic transfer?

Yeah and being in the luxurious position of buying a right back who we’ve agreed won’t play for us until next season?

I don’t doubt the figures, but these transfers are a bit strange for a club who can’t afford to spend anything. Something isn’t adding up somewhere.

Unless we’re being lied to (again) and they are gambling to go up this season....

I don't understand how it's possible to lose that amount without wages/transfers.

I thought it was wages that do all the damage.  What the hell else are we buying?  Have our pie wholesalers raised their prices or something?

• Like 1

AC Milan seemed to build a case (for European FFP) that because they changed ownership they were able to reset their three season's losses to begin from when the new owners took control. Maybe we're going down the same route. Purslow and the new owners will know exactly what they can and can't do regarding FFP over the next few seasons and wouldn't have bothered buying us if we were going to be that hamstrung in the coming seasons. I reckon we'll see lots more high profile loans like El-Ghazi.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We cannot and will not go on like this.

I think some people are in for a shock in the summer when we have to build an entire new team with no money, no turnover and very few sellable assets.

Men this wealthy didn't buy the team to dick around in the second tier on a shoestring budget.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

AC Milan seemed to build a case (for European FFP) that because they changed ownership they were able to reset their three season's losses to begin from when the new owners took control. Maybe we're going down the same route. Purslow and the new owners will know exactly what they can and can't do regarding FFP over the next few seasons and wouldn't have bothered buying us if we were going to be that hamstrung in the coming seasons. I reckon we'll see lots more high profile loans like El-Ghazi.

That's a good point. They could argue new owners and they need more than a season to reduce the ffp issues. 

• Like 1

I think we should spend £600m, buy Gareth Bale and a few others.  Win the league by 40 odd points and take the 12 point deduction at season end. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@screwdriver why have you hacked Sidcows account?

Apologies, I posted that after a fair few sherberts and during a Derby performance happiness bubble.  Got a bit carried away. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Apologies, I posted that after a fair few sherberts and during a Derby performance happiness bubble.  Got a bit carried away. 

No need to apologise, I thought it was a well reasoned and balanced post. Although I don’t think Bale fits the profile for lowering the age of the squad, MBappe does though. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yet some people think we can attract a Rodgers or Rafa with these finances 😂

Don't want rafa....he doesn't play attacking football!

Rogers needs to prove himself as he's been away from football for a few years now!

We are cashing on grealish in the summer looking at this. This is only way. 

The only other way is hogan hits it off at Sheffield united and they go up and we get 7-8m for him. If w ecan get a buying for Kodjia as well that will help. 

The good thing is come summer a lot of the high earners like Richards whelan and jedinak are going. 

Also let's remember this season w ehavw had rely high attendences that will help. 

Edited by Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We are cashing on grealish in the summer looking at this. This is only way. 

The only other way is hogan hits it off at Sheffield united and they go up and we get 7-8m for him. If w ecan get a buying for Kodjia as well that will help. 

The good thing is come summer a lot of the high earners like Richards whelan and jedinak are going. 

Also let's remember this season w ehavw had rely high attendences that will help. 

I have ZERO knowledge of accounting so don't even know what to make of the figures.

However i've seen some point out that these accounts will include the Tony mess and debt has since been wiped out?

As you've pointed out a few high earners will be off and we have a couple of assets we can sell.

Also been mentioned that they can make the "new owners" argument for some leeway?

I'm also certain we will find ways to bring in more commercial income .

We just have to wait and see.

Â