AVFC accounts 2018

Tony

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the problem is that the correct answer to your 1st question either was either no, or "yes, but cannot shift it out of china"

or Yes - China thing only came into being at the start of his second season.

If he hadn't the money there is no way he would have passed.  

Nothing new, nothing that anyone with a bit of common sense could see when looking at the contracts we were giving out on Championship income and dwindling parachute payments.

Keith Wyness

Tony Xia

Steve Bruce

Go f*** yourselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

I hope so as Villa need to be back in the top flight and not in the Championship. The challenge for 2019 is that the FFP Loss for 2017/2018 is estimated at £20m. If you add to the loss the reduction in parachute payment for 2018/2019 (£17m) and that there isn't a £16m profit on player sales then the FFP Loss for this season is approx £53m. If £14m is allowed for a FFP loss for 2018/2019 then savings of £39m are required to stay within the FFP rules.

Nah, it's all fine.

I was reading a good article the other day about Birmingham being on the up and that it's got everything in place now to be a world class city, other than a decent premier league side though Wolves were doing their best. Literally these were the words of the article - not even a Villa fan. 

Made me laugh anyway - 

"The city still lacks one thing which would help boost its global brand - it doesn't have a powerful Premier League football team, although Wolves are doing their best for the wider West Midlands."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47310204

Edited by Jareth

55 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nothing new, nothing that anyone with a bit of common sense could see when looking at the contracts we were giving out on Championship income and dwindling parachute payments.

Keith Wyness

Tony Xia

Steve Bruce

Go f*** yourselves.

I didnt expect the figures that have come out tbh, I'm more worried now than in the summer before the NSWE takeover

I knew we would be operating at a loss but this is ridiculous

How long before our owners get fed up of pumping money into a business that's on its knees and is costing them a fortune to keep afloat.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Keith Wyness

Tony Xia

Steve Bruce

Go f*** yourselves.

And Di Matteo but well said.

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Don't be. The situation last summer was catastrophic. This is just bean counting.

I hope your a lot more privvy to what's going on behind the scenes than me,

Just seems incredible that we are now reliant on 2 owners writing off £70million in a year to keep the club going, and it's going to cost them more the next financial year with the end of parachute payments.

I hope Sawaris and Edens are in ti's long term

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Keith Wyness

Tony Xia

Steve Bruce

Go f*** yourselves.

This all day!!

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

I hope your a lot more privvy to what's going on behind the scenes than me,

Just seems incredible that we are now reliant on 2 owners writing off £70million in a year to keep the club going, and it's going to cost them more the next financial year with the end of parachute payments.

I hope Sawaris and Edens are in ti's long term

I wouldn't think I am.

Well, yes, it does, but my feeling is they knew what they were getting into, they're addressing the issue, they are very able to inject the money, and were willing to. I don't think they're daft, at all. They'll get the costs down, they've said. But it is going to be a gradual thing.

The club needs some long term sane ownership.

We've had a bloke who didn't own the club use it for his own ends, then a naive owner who was well intending, but lost enthusiasm and had changed financial circumstances, then a reckless gambler, and now two people who have experience of owning sports clubs and sport and who also have money and seem to employ people with experience of the industry. Who knows how it'll turn out, but what's kind of striking is they've not made mad promises, not sought publicity, but not shunned it completely, though they keep a low profile. They're not using the club to get themselves money and "prestige" with the FA or places on committees and media coverage. They're letting people get on with it, while providing funding and support. At this point it looks promising from an ownership point of view. I'm worried about meeting the FFP target we need to meet for this current season (incorporating the previous 2 seasons FFP losses), yet they say they have a plan and we'll be OK, and so far they've done exactly what they said they'd do, so on that basis trusting them seems fair.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

I wouldn't think I am.

Well, yes, it does, but my feeling is they knew what they were getting into, they're addressing the issue, they are very able to inject the money, and were willing to. I don't think they're daft, at all. They'll get the costs down, they've said. But it is going to be a gradual thing.

The club needs some long term sane ownership.

We've had a bloke who didn't own the club use it for his own ends, then a naive owner who was well intending, but lost enthusiasm and had changed financial circumstances, then a reckless gambler, and now two people who have experience of owning sports clubs and sport and who also have money and seem to employ people with experience of the industry. Who knows how it'll turn out, but what's kind of striking is they've not made mad promises, not sought publicity, but not shunned it completely, though they keep a low profile. They're not using the club to get themselves money and "prestige" with the FA or places on committees and media coverage. They're letting people get on with it, while providing funding and support. At this point it looks promising from an ownership point of view. I'm worried about meeting the FFP target we need to meet for this current season (incorporating the previous 2 seasons FFP losses), yet they say they have a plan and we'll be OK, and so far they've done exactly what they said they'd do, so on that basis trusting them seems fair.

I think when you look we were making losses of 80m in our first season with the con artist xia, now it’s down to 30m. That’s 50m wiped off in two years, that’s really impressive in my eyes

On 02/03/2019 at 13:41, DCJonah said:

This is the result of our financial advantage over the league being trusted to Bruce and overseen by a complete fraud. 

Thanks to both of them

weird you'd mention Bruce when i think you'll find RDM spent more than Bruce.

15 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

So you don't class wages as spending? Also by wasting our financial advantage its not just spending, it was failure to promote us.

1 hour ago, Stuartc445 said:

Di Matteo had 10/12 games. He might have turned it around more than likely not but what idiot gives a blank cheque to a manager then has no patience

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Di Matteo had 10/12 games. He might have turned it around more than likely not but what idiot gives a blank cheque to a manager then has no patience

I'm not quite sure why you mention RDMs 11 games in charge as that doesn't match what i said.  I said it's strange you brought up Bruce as the cause of the financial problems when between Bruce and RDM, RDM was the one that spent more,  RDM brought McCormack for £12.87 million, Tshibola £5.31 Million and Gollini £4.50 Million who all flopped that's £22.68 million wasted on players that flopped and that isn't including wages.  Whereas the only flop Bruce had was Hogan who cost around £9..45.  So I think you'll find RDM was far more wasteful than Bruce

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

I'm not quite sure why you mention RDMs 11 games in charge as that doesn't match what i said.  I said it's strange you brought up Bruce as the cause of the financial problems when between Bruce and RDM, RDM was the one that spent more,  RDM brought McCormack for £12.87 million, Tshibola £5.31 Million and Gollini £4.50 Million who all flopped that's £22.68 million wasted on players that flopped and that isn't including wages.  Whereas the only flop Bruce had was Hogan who cost around £9..45.  So I think you'll find RDM was far more wasteful than Bruce

Lansbury and Bolasie wages combined was way north of 100k a week. Bolasie got about 2 million for doing nothing here. Bjarnason, Neil Taylor arent playing for peanuts either

9 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

I think you have a good point here but be prepared to be shouted down.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Lansbury and Bolasie wages combined was way north of 100k a week. Bolasie got about 2 million for doing nothing here. Bjarnason, Neil Taylor arent playing for peanuts either

McCormack how much has he been paid for doing nothing? £12.87 million signed so that's 10 million more than Bolasie right from the start and i'd imagine it's more than 2 million since we signed him for doing nothing here.

Â