AVFC accounts 2018

Tony

The figure for gate receipts is £11,831,343.

Now, given that I know nothing at all about accountancy, we had 23 home league games, the play off semi-final and three home cup ties in that period, as well as a friendly against Watford - so, 28 games.

In the 23 league games, we had 738,226 fans through the doors - so that, plus five other crowds, four of which would be smaller and one which would be a full house - maybe another hundred odd thousand - anyway, roughly 850,000 bums on seats.

That would make the average price to put a bum on a seat at Villa Park during this accounting period £13.92.

That can't be right surely?

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The figure for gate receipts is £11,831,343.

Now, given that I know nothing at all about accountancy, we had 23 home league games, the play off semi-final and three home cup ties in that period, as well as a friendly against Watford - so, 28 games.

In the 23 league games, we had 738,226 fans through the doors - so that, plus five other crowds, four of which would be smaller and one which would be a full house - maybe another hundred odd thousand - anyway, roughly 850,000 bums on seats.

That would make the average price to put a bum on a seat at Villa Park during this accounting period £13.92.

That can't be right surely?

Season tickets?

20 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

How on earth do we run at a loss of 32 million, and that will get worse next year

If Edens and sawaris lose interest we are ****

It's quite simple. We are a championship team and should be paying no player anymore than 10-15k per week maximum. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

So if we lost 32 mill in 17/18 - and 14.5m loss in 16/17, we will need to have made a profit this season of 7.5 mill to be compliant with FFP no? Is it possible we have done that? 

No chance 

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

It's quite simple. We are a championship team and should be paying no player anymore than 10-15k per week maximum. 

player wages are not even part of that loss...

Dread to think what the actual real costs/losses are

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’re in the shit.

Sell Chester, sell McGinn and sell Grealish with high earners contracts being up in the summer too we should be okay. There will be no massive summer rebuild people are expecting. All the youngsters we have on loan will be brought in which is why they are all on loan at the moment. Next season will be horrible.

3 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

It's not going to be pretty.

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Season tickets would be included in ticket sales wouldn't they?

Away tickets might not I guess.

I don't know. I'm assuming season tickets would - season tickets work out to be a much lower £ per game than a single ticket, don't they? Then factor in junior and family season tickets.

Just looking at the page for the 17/18 season, it says:

Prices start from just £75 for U16, from £140 for U21 and from £340 for adults.

In fact, a family of four can get a season ticket at £686 – that’s £30 per game for the whole family.

That's obviously going to weigh down on the average price of a ticket overall.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

It's not going to be pretty.

was something like 61 million for players & staff salaries in last years recon accounts so by the time these are added from this year it is going to be close to 100 million

Wouldn't be so bad i guess if we weren't completely shit and in 3 months time only actually own about 15 players

9 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I don;t get this part, we only file one set of accounts don't we? Is it that they just aren't itemised?

54 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I don't know. I'm assuming season tickets would - season tickets work out to be a much lower £ per game than a single ticket, don't they? Then factor in junior and family season tickets.

Just looking at the page for the 17/18 season, it says:

That's obviously going to weigh down on the average price of a ticket overall.

There would be a load of complimentary tickets and stuff included as well I would have thought which would drag the average down too?

• Thanks 1

Â