Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Steer keeps the shirt now. He's number one. Kalanic has to win Villa fans over again because he's been garbage.

Its probably the agent making up stuff to juice sheffield weds for more cash or to hurry a deal up. Theres no way we would look at another keeper unproven in the english game. unless jesus is a complete tool.

I wouldnt say he's been garbage or poor, but equally he has not impressed either. Just hasnt played enough yet to judge either way, but in that time he hasn't done anything that has made me say "wow".

5 hours ago, Junxs said:

I wouldnt say he's been garbage or poor, but equally he has not impressed either. Just hasnt played enough yet to judge either way, but in that time he hasn't done anything that has made me say "wow".

I think Smith, Cutler et al will work hard to get him right.

Said a few times I notice they would rather keep a player out and work on him until they have him primed.

No way will the investment be chucked away.

I expect a stronger, quicker, more commanding Kalinic next season.

Its usual for a goalie to have a settling in period. Few come in and look great immediately. Even De Gea looked dodgy at first.

Steer is doing well. He also has been the only keeper to have a settled competent defence in front of this season. I have no fears over Kalinic either. Even Nyland might surprise with a stronger defence.

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Its usual for a goalie to have a settling in period. Few come in and look great immediately. Even De Gea looked dodgy at first.

Steer is doing well. He also has been the only keeper to have a settled competent defence in front of this season. I have no fears over Kalinic either. Even Nyland might surprise with a stronger defence.

De Gea was just a kid when he arrived though, not really a good comparison.

On 29/03/2019 at 16:46, villalad21 said:

De Gea was just a kid when he arrived though, not really a good comparison.

still a different league, different culture he came from. Goalkeepers can take longer to settle than others

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

De Gea was getting mentioned when Nyland was playing like a sack of shit. What's this forum's obsession with De Gea? It's a comparison that confers absolutely zero insight on any keeper we have.

I would dread to see some of the comments if we actually had De Gea in goal