Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

"The deal includes a 'matching option' clause which means Villa will be able to match any offer that comes in to buy him in the summer." 

That quote was from the sky sports report when mings moved to us. It does seem like a strange clause, the only benifit I could see from it is we wouldn't be involved in a bidding war for him we'd just have to wait for an accepted offer then match it. 

But that is pure guess work from Sky Sports. They don't know what the match clause means. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Bowen & Lolley would be nice with some of the Grealish money.  2 Villa fans replacing 1.

I think Lolley signed a new 5 year deal in the last few months so I'd be amazed if we went for him.

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't know how often transfers are done in private without anyone finding out these days, but I guess this means that if Bournemouth do receive an offer they are obliged to tell us and we have the ability to match it.

I think this can be the only situation where this "clause" would have any value but it still sounds fanciful and unlikely.

Realistically, I don't think there are many secrets in football when it comes to transfers and I think it it's inconceivable that if Mings - or any other player - was interested in coming here permanently and we we interested in signing him there wouldn't be a nod and a wink between player, agent and Villa.

24 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I think Lolley signed a new 5 year deal in the last few months so I'd be amazed if we went for him.

So did Grealish and I'd be amazed if he stays

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/03/2019 at 23:21, choffer said:

I’m no expert on French football but the feeling within Brentford appears to be that would be his preferred destination (France rather than PSG). Who knows if it’s true but if that’s what he indicated to the club, they’d probably make it work for him. 

That's not going to happen, he just loves playing in England, He's set his heart on the Premiership, and as a selling club we are used to losing our good players, and at £20 million + that's where he will end up,  Said Benrahma is also attracting Premiership attention, so he could be another on his way. 

I would imagine our skillful recruitment team have Replacements targeted and ready waiting in the wings for this scenario. 

On 05/03/2019 at 10:25, privateer said:

I think this can be the only situation where this "clause" would have any value but it still sounds fanciful and unlikely.

Realistically, I don't think there are many secrets in football when it comes to transfers and I think it it's inconceivable that if Mings - or any other player - was interested in coming here permanently and we we interested in signing him there wouldn't be a nod and a wink between player, agent and Villa.

1. If someone comes in with a bid - we will have an opportunity to match it.

2. But if said team increases their bid ? We can match that - but then it develops into an auction which we may well lose.

Anyway, signing Lindsay from Barnsley will cure that 😎

1 hour ago, SirSteveUK said:

1. If someone comes in with a bid - we will have an opportunity to match it.

2. But if said team increases their bid ? We can match that - but then it develops into an auction which we may well lose.

Anyway, signing Lindsay from Barnsley will cure that 😎

You've just described the process for every other player sale the world over except for a fixed-fee, loan-to-buy option which the loaning club can exclusively exercise should the player agree to the move. Which this apparently isn't so if he is for sale we can be one of the bidders, nothing more, nothing less. We get no preferred status, we are just another interested party. Everything else is extraneous, meaningless and valueless.

Essentially, if he is for sale we can be one of the bidders, nothing more, nothing less. We get no preferred status, we are just another interested party in the mix.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

For a forum that spends half it's time slagging off ex-managers for buying overpriced players on big wages I really don't understand why the below names are being thrown around as to who to buy in the Summer.

- Maupay

- Lolley

- Forestieri

- Bowen

These are the exact players we shouldn't be looking to buy.

These are the exact players we have been buying for the last 3 seasons and the exact reason the club is currently in the situation it is in.

Each of these players would cost over 10 million each, they would expect their wages to be doubled and they would then come in thinking they have made it in football. We really need to get away from buying 'the best of the Championship' and start finding our own players in the lower leagues and abroad, it's the only sustainable way in football.

Agree with the sentiment but you should've left VT legend Lolley out of this! He would give his absolute all for the Villa without question - it's only his new contract (if not the first one at Forest) that probably puts his value too high for us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Agree with the sentiment but you should've left VT legend Lolley out of this! He would give his absolute all for the Villa without question 

This. Sign him up! Sign him Up! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Agree with the sentiment but you should've left VT legend Lolley out of this! He would give his absolute all for the Villa without question - it's only his new contract (if not the first one at Forest) that probably puts his value too high for us. 

If he has a bad game, people can PM him abuse instead of using his topic 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, jonjon said:

That's not going to happen, he just loves playing in England, He's set his heart on the Premiership, and as a selling club we are used to losing our good players, and at £20 million + that's where he will end up,  Said Benrahma is also attracting Premiership attention, so he could be another on his way. 

I would imagine our skillful recruitment team have Replacements targeted and ready waiting in the wings for this scenario. 

Lesson learned. Clearly I shouldn't listen to gossip on the Ealing Road :)

7 hours ago, wilko154 said:

For a forum that spends half it's time slagging off ex-managers for buying overpriced players on big wages I really don't understand why the below names are being thrown around as to who to buy in the Summer.

- Maupay

- Lolley

- Forestieri

- Bowen

These are the exact players we shouldn't be looking to buy.

These are the exact players we have been buying for the last 3 seasons and the exact reason the club is currently in the situation it is in.

Each of these players would cost over 10 million each, they would expect their wages to be doubled and they would then come in thinking they have made it in football. We really need to get away from buying 'the best of the Championship' and start finding our own players in the lower leagues and abroad, it's the only sustainable way in football.

How many £10m+ players have we brought in recent times ? Kjodia, McCormack. Hogan ?  - thats a hit ratio of 1 in 3 ?

I don't think we will be in for many £10m+ players this summer - but thats not necessarily a good thing IMO. 

It's crucial to get cover for Grealish. We are dog shit without him.

I'd be tempted to offer Ravel Morrission a 1 year deal. with bonus's for good behaviour. Or a cheeky bid for Phil Foden

Also we will need upgrades on our wingers. especially if we are in the premiership.  I would take Gerard Deulofeu and Nathan Redmond

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I'd be tempted to offer Ravel Morrission a 1 year deal. with bonus's for good behaviour. Or a cheeky bid for Phil Foden

Also we will need upgrades on our wingers. especially if we are in the premiership.  I would take Gerard Deulofeu and Nathan Redmond

I bet you would

• Like 2

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

You haven't popped over to the accounts thread have you?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I would take Gerard Deulofeu

Good shout, also a cheeky bid for Ademolah Lookman.

Although I imagine will be told to **** off on both.  :lol:

(Unless the miracle of making it back to the PL happened)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, privateer said:

You've just described the process for every other player sale the world over except for a fixed-fee, loan-to-buy option which the loaning club can exclusively exercise should the player agree to the move. Which this apparently isn't so if he is for sale we can be one of the bidders, nothing more, nothing less. We get no preferred status, we are just another interested party. Everything else is extraneous, meaningless and valueless.

Essentially, if he is for sale we can be one of the bidders, nothing more, nothing less. We get no preferred status, we are just another interested party in the mix.

Not quite.

If we had a bid for Jack - which we liked - we are under no obligation to inform any other club about it.

AFCB might receive a bid for TM - they are obligated to inform a 3rd party (us) of the amount of the bid for our response.