Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

47 minutes ago, terrytini said:

he fits the profile more than a Student gaining an Honours Degree in Meeting Profiles at Profile University, Profileshire.

The-Blackadder.jpg

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

hes back in training.

Digress here, but I checked physioroom and I forgot they only list PL teams. I decided to check Villa to see of there was news on El Ghazi, but Villa was the only team missing in the PL list. Kinda weird. 

If we're signing Benrahma who won't come cheap, then I'm not sure how much that would leave for a striker, if we're to get one that's a 'big swoop' as has been suggested then I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone on loan with an option to buy.

4 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Surgery went well on his ankle, He's back in light training at the moment, a little way off playing, but he's getting there and shouldn't be long until he's ready, FWIW, the word around the Brentford ground yesterday is that he is on his way to you for the price we want,  (don't ask, because all deals are done in private between clubs, you will only find out the true price when the clubs yearly returns are produced.) all this £20 million pounds nonsense is just hearsay and tittle tattle, it could be less, it could be more!! 

Maupay is allegedly off to Brighton, again for the price we want, out of the two, Benrahma is the best, and will only get better, I think you will be very pleased if you get him, will be sorry to see them both go, but us supporters are used to this year on year, still we hopefully have 3 new exciting players coming in by Thursday, ready to sell on next year for a profit, or keep if we do well!!!.

Good luck to Villa, DS has made some good buys, and I think you will do OK and finish at least halfway up the table.

He looks a superb player when I've seen him play. Reminds me a bit of Mahrez. Would you say he's a similar type of player to him?

6 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Surgery went well on his ankle, He's back in light training at the moment, a little way off playing, but he's getting there and shouldn't be long until he's ready, FWIW, the word around the Brentford ground yesterday is that he is on his way to you for the price we want,  (don't ask, because all deals are done in private between clubs, you will only find out the true price when the clubs yearly returns are produced.) all this £20 million pounds nonsense is just hearsay and tittle tattle, it could be less, it could be more!! 

Maupay is allegedly off to Brighton, again for the price we want, out of the two, Benrahma is the best, and will only get better, I think you will be very pleased if you get him, will be sorry to see them both go, but us supporters are used to this year on year, still we hopefully have 3 new exciting players coming in by Thursday, ready to sell on next year for a profit, or keep if we do well!!!.

Good luck to Villa, DS has made some good buys, and I think you will do OK and finish at least halfway up the table.

Top post jonjon.👍

9 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Thanks.

How confident are you that this type of talk around the ground is usually correct?

This will be your biggest transfer window for sales won't it?, 12m for konsa, 15-20 each for maupay and benrahma (If they both do go), you will pocket something like 50-60m once all sales are done?, maybe more if you sell other players?

I'm amazed how philosophical the Brentford fans seem to be with losing their players every season. I understand they aren't the biggest club in the championship and therefore have to cut their cloth accordingly, but i don't understand how they seemingly have to sell 10's of millions of pounds worth of talent every season. 

When you look at all the players they have sold over the last few years i don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest that they could be playing PL football now had they kept hold of them. 

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Maupay has great stats in the Championship, but so did Guy Whittingham, scored over 40 goals or something in one season didn't he?

Urm...

Not even remotely similar.