Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Why.. because he wouldn't cost a penny already being ours. He won't be on massive wages like Austin would want.. and yes Kodja is unproven at PL level, equally so are some of the players we are apparantly about to blow £20m a piece on.

Kodjia looked out of place in The Championship last season, he just didn’t look bothered to me. He was content playing second fiddle to Abraham, I’d ship Kodjia off and get someone else in e.g Maupay, Austin or whoever it may be

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I know how this game works... Utd buy Maupay, Brentford bid £200k for his replacement. We gazzump that bid with £500k and save on millions 😝

They’re a very well run football I think who play attractive and attacking football, I’m glad we don’t have to play them this season

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Kodjia looked out of place in The Championship last season, he just didn’t look bothered to me. He was content playing second fiddle to Abraham, I’d ship Kodjia off and get someone else in e.g Maupay, Austin or whoever it may be

Kodjia could be used in a swap for Webster at Bristol City. We would of course then need to buy at least one more striker, but I think we intend to do that anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Kodjia could be used in a swap for Webster at Bristol City. We would of course then need to buy at least one more striker, but I think we intend to do that anyway. 

Not a bad idea at all, does anyone know much about Webster? I don’t remember ever seeing him play

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Kodjia thrives off being in the spotlight. Yes, that is a bit of a selfish attitude but I think every team needs a player like that. Someone a bit unpredictable who can create a bit of magic out of nowhere. Kodjia has that and I actually think he will thrive in the Premier League. Austin is injury prone, past it, on huge wages and even when fit, has a terrible scoring record. Even at his best, all he is, is a fox in the box type striker. Kodjia offers much much more in every department.

If the question is Kodjia or Austin? There really is only one answer.

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Austin for Kodjia is not an upgrade. Austin is done, he’ll be dropping down levels now. I’d rather have pretty much any other Premier League striker.

What makes you want Austin so much?!

Just now, bobzy said:

Austin for Kodjia is not an upgrade. Austin is done, he’ll be dropping down levels now. I’d rather have pretty much any other Premier League striker.

What makes you want Austin so much?!

I’ve always admired him, he’s a dying breed, a natural goalscorer, I’d take him as back up to Wesley, why do you think Austin is done?

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Kodjia thrives off being in the spotlight. Yes, that is a bit of a selfish attitude but I think every team needs a player like that. Someone a bit unpredictable who can create a bit of magic out of nowhere. Kodjia has that and I actually think he will thrive in the Premier League. Austin is injury prone, past it, on huge wages and even when fit, has a terrible scoring record. Even at his best, all he is, is a fox in the box type striker. Kodjia offers much much more in every department.

If the question is Kodjia or Austin? There really is only one answer.

They’re a similar age, Kodjia looked out of his depth in The Championship to me last season, he looked finished to me, we can’t be relying on him in the Premier League

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They’re a similar age, Kodjia looked out of his depth in The Championship to me last season, he looked finished to me, we can’t be relying on him in the Premier League

I don't think he looked out of his depth at all. He was always second choice to Abraham and never really got a run of games to get some momentum. He hasn't had a good run of games since his injury against Blackburn.

Just think back to his goal against Brentford or his goal against Forest in his first season. Or his assist for Hourihane's goal at home to Leeds last year. Can you honestly see Austin doing anything like that? Kodjia makes chances for himself out of nothing. He doesn't just wait around for them to be presented to him.

Watch this and ask yourself, could Austin do half of that?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Certainly looks very decent on the ball...

🤗

He looks class, left sided centre back, does this mean that Mings isn’t coming? Based on that video, he looks better than Mings, he looks so comfortable on the ball

Kodjia scored nine goals last season in what in terms of minutes on the pitch adds up to about twenty games, so he was very prolific, and when you consider that it would have been hard for him to get into a stride with being in and out of the side, and playing bit parts here and there, then it's an even more impressive goal return. Also Iwouldn't go for him myself, and I don't think the club will either, but I don't think Austin would be as bad of a signing as people are making out, has a very good goals to game ratio, and I don't think it would be the worst idea ever to have someone like him on the bench.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Certainly looks very decent on the ball...

🤗

Sold! This is going to be a very interesting Villa side, players in every position who can create something going forwards. Hope we get him. 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Kodjia scored nine goals last season in what in terms of minutes on the pitch adds up to about twenty games, so he was very prolific, and when you consider that it would have been hard for him to get into a stride with being in and out of the side, and playing bit parts here and there, then it's an even more impressive goal return. Also Iwouldn't go for him myself, and I don't think the club will either, but I don't think Austin would be as bad of a signing as people are making out, has a very good goals to game ratio, and I don't think it would be the worst idea ever to have someone like him on the bench.

Kodjia hasn’t been the same player since his injury sadly for me, he was ok last season nothing more. He looked like he wasn’t giving it 100% at times to me

40 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He has indeed.. out of position and lone striker don't really suit him. He really had no choice to play second fiddle if say Chelsea had a clause in the loan dictating how much Tammy plays etc. So fair play to Kodja for keeping going and waiting. I think for his service to us so far he deserves a season in the Premiership with us at the very least.

So, it's still not enough evidence in your case for Austin.

Are there any other strikers you admire that are not crocked, aging, journey men looking for one last big pay day?

• Like 1