Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

It wouldn't be a transfer thread without unrealistic speculation about former players.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Didn't play left back once for Derby this season.  Didn't play DCM either.  

image.thumb.png.f2b457bae11051da17d612a55e105c03.png

Played 52 games as a CB in his career so far.  Zero as a LB, DCM, or CM.  Don't know why you think he's not naturally a Central Defender.  

image.png.79fad987fa7488d8d0b0b991c30aab1e.png

image.png.b655b9fce990b17e27fd31ca6c2f3d52.png

What website is this from?

Maxi Gomez can certainly score with his head.

Judging by this video he would be an ideal replacement for Tammy in terms of how he plays.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Maxi Gomez = yes please and I could a actually  see it being realistic ( well at least us being interested and bidding maybe not signing him btw) I sense that the team of Suso, NSWE & Smith know it will take major £$$¥£££ to really progress and maybe £35-40mill+ potentially is better spent of Gomez than £25mill on Tammy 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️... I’m not convinced Tammy is better than Gayle ... too good for the EFL not quite good enough for the Prem considering the fee .. Anyway who knows but wouldn’t call this link 100% BS ..... Maybe just 78.23% BS with a slice of realism ...

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

laziest link ever. our scout Juanfran did an interview commenting on Gomez ability for a magazine about a day ago

was no mention of Villa being linked with him at all

Edited by Zatman

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Maxi Gomez is a rising star. It would be a bit of a coup to get him.

looks like a decent player, wonder what the truth is (if any) in the link.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Maxi Gomez = yes please and I could a actually  see it being realistic ( well at least us being interested and bidding maybe not signing him btw) I sense that the team of Suso NSWE & Smith know it will  major

£$$¥£££ if the today positions to progress and maybe £35-40mill+ potentially is better than £25mill on Tammy 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️... who knows but wouldn’t call 100% BS ..... Maybe just 63. 23% .. 

If I'm given the choice of Maxi Gomez for £35 or Tammy for £25 it's not much of a question for me. Give me Maxi Gomez. Tammy has loads of potential, but Maxi has already lived up to some of his.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Maxi Gomez can certainly score with his head.

Judging by this video he would be an ideal replacement for Tammy in terms of how he plays.

Wow the way he heads the ball is a thing of beauty. 

Apparenly West Ham had a 25m Pound bid turned down in January. 

This aint happening.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

If I'm given the choice of Maxi Gomez for £35 or Tammy for £25 it's not much of a question for me. Give me Maxi Gomez. Tammy has loads of potential, but Maxi has already lived up to some of his.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf98c6d447678596b

• Like 1

I wonder if we will have one major signing?

I don't mind really if we buy a lot of good players we can develop etc, but would be interesting to know if we do have even one big ish signing planned.

• Like 1

Also looking at our transfer spend, our first year in the championship was our biggest ever monetary spend, something like 75m, oh boy how we wasted a lot of money :)

Shocking really.