Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

12 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I'm not against signing the odd 30+ player like Cahill or Milner as theyve been absolute quality in their careers, their experience along with their ability is what could give us a strong first season back in the prem. We should loo at each deal individually - Gary Hooper on the other hand is the type of player we should not even consider. There is a reason why a championship club thats aiming to be there or thereabouts is releasing him!

Absolutely spot on Junxs.

I said this a few days ago.

Yes we are moving away from signing 30+ yr olds - However..  IF we make it back to the Promise Land and a player like Cahill, Milner or Kompany was to sign for us then yes, all day yes - on a 1 yr deal.

It's a no brainer and shouldn't need explained to anyone who's followed this club, and football, very closely in the last 10 years.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Why can't you understand that we're trying to move away from signing exactly that sort of player. 30+ with his best years behind him. No no no! We want younger players with lots of potential.

Worst case scenario: we lose on Tuesday, get knocked out to West Brom, we lose Abraham, Kodjia and Hogan will leave too. Who do we sign to replace them? I’d struggle to name better than Gary Hooper

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Worst case scenario: we lose on Tuesday, get knocked out to West Brom, we lose Abraham, Kodjia and Hogan will leave too. Who do we sign to replace them? I’d struggle to name better than Gary Hooper

So you would pin your hopes on a 31 year old plodder like Gary Hooper. Wow. Luckily we have scouts who I'm sure would come up with a much better solution than him! If he's not good enough for Steve Bruce why on earth do you think he's good enough for us?!

• Like 1

48 goals in 127 games, mostly at Championship level during the last 6 seasons really is rather poor.

And at 31 he's hardly getting better, would be a terrible signing.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

How would people feel if we went after Derby's Right winger Wilson? He looks like a massive upgrade on Adomah and Green

He's on loan from Liverpool we wanted him last summer. He's a good player

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He's on loan from Liverpool we wanted him last summer. He's a good player

Ah didn't realise he was a Liverpool player. He is really impressive. Would try and get him next season whatever league were in

18 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Dwight Gayle would be worth looking at. He scores and is a nuisance and would now suit our fast football play. 

I suggested this before he signed for Newcastle.

Theres a reason Rafa loaned him back out after a season.

My combined guess - He cannot do it at PL level, his attitude stinks and he comes across as a right little arsehole.

No thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Id go for Luca Connell at Bolton. Exactly the type of player we should be in for. Young, hungry and bags of potential. Plus he will be cheaper now given their predicament.

Only if he gets a haircut. Not having it. 

20 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

How would people feel if we went after Derby's Right winger Wilson? He looks like a massive upgrade on Adomah and Green

Apart from the fact he looks like a 50's trainspotter - or a schoolboy character from Ripping Yarns - with Stan Lynn's haircut - I don't think he offers anything over Green - and he wouldn't be our player - he'd still be Liverpools