Match Thread: Stoke v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Bruce failed with a great squad so it would have been a fine decision. 

Smith is using the mess left behind. 

Personally I was not happy with the midfield or Fullbacks, so the great squad is an opinion....but I guess you will say he built it, so we are back to square one.

Just now, villalad21 said:

We won the majority of our games had mostly enjoyable moments that season.

Much, much better than this crap we are getting under Smith.

No...some enjoyable moments but most of us could see the style of play was lucky to get those results. 

I haven't read this thread but I've been watching since the 20th minute and think we've looked pretty good. Not hitting the heights of Smith's early days but playing in the same style and as well as we can with a Hourihane-Whelan midfield. El Ghazi on fire too.

Total football from Villa at the moment by the sound of the coverage on the wireless. 

The kind if attacking play that we would inevitably concede to if the boot were on the other foot. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I haven't read this thread but I've been watching since the 20th minute and think we've looked pretty good. Not hitting the heights of Smith's early days but playing in the same style and as well as we can with a Hourihane-Whelan midfield. El Ghazi on fire too.

You won't last on here with all that positive talk!!1

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Well, Bruce got us to the playoff final last season so sacking him during that run might have been a little, errm, hasty.

This season he got 11 league matches from the new owners before they sacked him. This is Smith’s 22nd and unless he turns things round this match, his record will be worse than the one Bruce got sacked for.

Bruce had been here a while with a number of his own players in. After Bruce took over we had a decent start under him and then around Dec/Jan we went on a run of 7 losses and 2 draws. We are in a similar situation now.

• Like 1