Racism Part two

Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

So,if you are going to go overboard over racist remarks,what about All Blacks ? Is that a racist remark ???

No

39 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

So if the Ghane national team play a game,its ok to say that was a team of Blacks ? 

no

It really isn't that difficult

36 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Well,as I posted yesterday.Here in Perth, a native tree called a "Black boy" has now been officially re-named "Grass tree" and,as I said in the same post you can not buy your little girl a "Gollywog"here in Perth anymore.

Good!

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

its the same with these people that are racist.If you make a big deal out of them throwing a banana or making racist remarks,they are going to keep doing it.Because that is their moment in the spotlight.

That is one way of looking at it, 

Another way is that by doing what you propose doing, and what we did for centuries, which is f all and not calling people out on their racism, not educating people,  not putting in place laws and legislation, the result of which was things getting worse and worse. 

We know what your logic results in. History tells us. 

Edited by markavfc40

Please could posters treat each other with more civility. Please don't imply other posters are racist, please don't post for effect. Try and discuss without being basically rude to each other. Thanks.

• Like 1

The thing with the bananas why not just check people before going into the stadiums? I mean bananas are generally big so not hard not to find on somebody? 

People are only taking a banana for racist reasons who eats bananas at a football game?

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing with the bananas why not just check people before going into the stadiums? I mean bananas are generally big so not hard not to find on somebody? 

People are only taking a banana for racist reasons who eats bananas at a football game?

Always keep one in my packed lunch. Going to have it after the cabbage, honest gov. 

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Always keep one in my packaged lunch. Going to have it after the cabbage, honest gov. 

I like a banana but other than work i cant honestly think of a time ive taken a banana anywhere. 

I don't think ive ever seen anyone eat a banana at a game!

I think the poster is trying to suggest we should ignore bad behaviour and not ‘reward’ it with a reaction, like we try to do with unruly, attention seeking children. I don’t know if that is an appropriate response to racists and I don’t understand how the whole Golliwog thing fits in to that thought process but I am trying to understand the point of view being expressed.

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

and,as I said in the same post you can not buy your little girl a "Gollywog"here in Perth anymore.

And, as has already been said, that is a jolly good thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Why the **** are you so obsessed with gollywogs? 

Now that is a sentence I never thought I'd read on VT today.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

WMP confiscated 26 bananas today at St Andrew’s . Isn’t their reputation bad enough ? 

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Seems like a lot of words to end back exactly where we were yesterday. You don't have the right to tell the subjects of racist abuse to shut up and laugh it off.

While I don't think we should be telling the subjects of racist abuse on the football pitch to shut up and laugh it off, I do have a problem with this principle when it is applied too widely. Of course other members of society have a role to play in establishing who is a victim, and how that victim should behave. You can't just decide that you've been the victim of attempted murder, for instance - we have a method of establishing whether you are or not, and what justice you are entitled to if you are. It's not only the victim's views that matter when it comes to percieved harm inflicted on them by other individuals.

Of course, the example of the banana throwing at a football game is pretty clear cut and the principle holds there. By law and commonly agreed prinicple it's a racist hate crime; there's no other possible interpretation of throwing a banana at a black player. It's not really legitimate to tell someone that it's no biggie in that instance.

But when you're talking about something where causality is muddier, the whole of society is absolutely entitled to a view on whether something constitutes racism or not. If Kwarteng came out and said all the recent attacks on his competence were rooted in racism then white people would be perfectly within their rights to tell him to jog on.

• Like 3

Kanye is a bellend and Candice an empty brained grifter.

He couldn't articulate what he wants to do with that 'statement', because all he wanted to do is create controversy and promote himself. And she's there because she'll do anything that is paying with a right wing bent because she decided the right is there she can make a niche.

• Like 3

Â