Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Yesterday you were being crazy negative about Emery after one defeat, today Mings has played his last game—this is a lighthearted comment and not a dig, but do you consider yourself to be fairly negative when it comes to football? 😅

Was I? haven't really thought about it… maybe. Probably more desperate to see some success more than anything…

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

But possibly out for 18 months (worst case scenario). Not being funny, but we’d have moved on by that point in terms of a starting 11. We can’t wait around for that long? 

Why are you saying 18 months though? You're basically doubling the standard recovery time for literally no reason. It's funny to write a sentence like the one above and then end it with 'we can't wait around for that long?' as if what you're saying is anything other than oddly hyper-negative.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is no way this is the end. He is 30 not 37. 

can't speak for everyone, but when i'm concerned that it's 'the end' i mean in the sense of him playing at the level he's been at the last 3-4 years. no question, he will kick a football again. i've zero concerns about that. but i am concerned that he won't be the ever present, first name on the teamsheet that he has been

wesley (IMO) wasn't a great signing for the money we paid. but there's no doubt he could do a job for a team near the bottom of the PL or a very good championship club. he was playing at a good level when we signed him. look at how his career has gone since that injury. let's not forget he got a brazil cap whilst playing for us. some players return to that level. some don't. that's my worry.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Why are you saying 18 months though? You're basically doubling the standard recovery time for literally no reason. It's funny to write a sentence like the one above and then end it with 'we can't wait around for that long?' as if what you're saying is anything other than oddly hyper-negative.

I really hope someone starts a band called this, or perhaps writes a quirky children's book with this title. I do enjoy meeting oddly hyper-negative people myself, I guess because sometimes it seems like a normal response in our difficult, strange world. All that said, maybe just some fear and disappointment talking, too? For many Villa fans, I suspect the Mings injury felt much bigger than one of our players doing an ACL. It hits like a sledgehammer in the knees for a fanbase that was just getting on its feet again for Europe after years of crawling. A lot of emotions are out of whack. "Oddly hyper-negative" seems normal -- as does your response in trying to reel the feelings back in, which I also appreciate. It's almost as if Villa supporters need each other at times like this.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I really hope someone starts a band called this, or perhaps writes a quirky children's book with this title. I do enjoy meeting oddly hyper-negative people myself, I guess because sometimes it seems like a normal response in our difficult, strange world. All that said, maybe just some fear and disappointment talking, too? For many Villa fans, I suspect the Mings injury felt much bigger than one of our players doing an ACL. It hits like a sledgehammer in the knees for a fanbase that was just getting on its feet again for Europe after years of crawling. A lot of emotions are out of whack. "Oddly hyper-negative" seems normal -- as does your response in trying to reel the feelings back in, which I also appreciate. It's almost as if Villa supporters need each other at times like this.

I am indeed extremely sad and kind of in shock. I'm definitely working my way through the kubler ross cycle. I can't believe it still.

• Like 1

Feel the same way about Tyrone, but it's not just on the field he will be missed but off the field, outside football and Villa.

He seems to be a very down to earth individual and has become the new face of Aston Villa, a great ambassador for us and I hope he can continue this during his recuperation and recovery back to full fitness.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Feel the same way about Tyrone, but it's not just on the field he will be missed but off the field, outside football and Villa.

He seems to be a very down to earth individual and has become the new face of Aston Villa, a great ambassador for us and I hope he can continue this during his recuperation and recovery back to full fitness.

Fortunately his off the field influence should still be present to a large extent at least.

Really gutting.

I know he was actually older than he seemed when he joined us (due to injuries and lack of game time no doubt), but I always viewed him as a young player. All of a sudden he's hit 30 and had a horror injury, now feels like his best days could be behind him! Really hope they won't be but this injury has a really s*** vibe.

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

He was out for 15 months when he did the same thing at Bournemouth. I saw something from someone on here I think it was which said it could be up to 18 (again worst case scenario). No way we wait for someone that long, we’d have our starting CB pairing by then. 

Top bloke, had the season of his life last year, understands Emery-ball incredibly well, to watch him celebrate those offsides so hardcore tells you his belief in the system at large.

Genuinely hope this is just a case of get 'er done, heal, mend and it is less like the Martin Laursen injury saga. I feel like we have pish poor luck when it comes to center halves and their knees (hello to you Mr. P McGrath)

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Hope he's OK - not sure if mentioned but he's unfollowed everyone on Insta and deleted everything.

Hasn’t deleted everything. He’s gone into mourning mode on it. Profile pic is all black and there’s only one post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv7AMMBru34/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

spacer.png

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

I think those fearing he may have played his last game for us are being a little pessimistic. The optimistic timescale for recovery seems to be around 8 months, the most pessimistic 15 months so if we air on that side and say 12 months he'd not long have turned 31 and all being well should hopefully have another 3 or 4 years at the top in him.

It will be as much a mental battle as it is a physical one and in that regard Tyrone is as strong as they come. He'll be back.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Think it’s taking its toll on him mentally and it’s bound to. He will bounce back.

I don’t think I’ve ever been this gutted about an injury tbh. He’s Mr Aston Villa. 

Yes. I remember when he first joined us he admitted he struggled leading up to and during games etc. He would hire a shrink to help him etc. So this injury will have went to town on him and possibly taking it's toll mentally whilst leaving him in a dark place - if he is also fearing the worst.

I hope Villa Park hold a lengthy chant for Tyrone and a minutes applause during the 5th minute against Everton to show our love, support and best wishes which he will be needing more than anything right now.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think those fearing he may have played his last game for us are being a little pessimistic. The optimistic timescale for recovery seems to be around 8 months, the most pessimistic 15 months so if we air on that side and say 12 months he'd not long have turned 31 and all being well should hopefully have another 3 or 4 years at the top in him.

It will be as much a mental battle as it is a physical one and in that regard Tyrone is as strong as they come. He'll be back.

15 months is what he went through at Bournemouth with his other knee. But that was the MCL and ACL. We will see him play again one day. Question is what form will he take when he returns.

18 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Hasn’t deleted everything. He’s gone into mourning mode on it. Profile pic is all black and there’s only one post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv7AMMBru34/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

spacer.png

Ah ok, have no idea what that is, does that include unfollowing everyone then? Sorry yeah I did know he'd left that one post on.

Edited by Tom13

Â