Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Crazy to think the team wore T-shirts in support of Emi yesterday and they will likely have to wear T-shirts in support of Mings next week 😩. Just awful luck. The team suddenly looks unsettled and lacking leadership. Ashley Young now a big miss in hindsight.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well if we assume Mings career over or essentially over. If they see it's all his ligaments we know it's a 16-18 month recovery. We can look to replace him this window if we can. Laporte is still available or we can move for Foyth possibly

Issue is we only had Mings and Carlos as the strong ball winning physical players. So we are back to being a team in transition with so many new players trying to get up to speed 

Uh what?

Just now, mikeyjavfc said:

The team suddenly looks unsettled and lacking leadership. Ashley Young now a big miss in hindsight.

Ashley Young was always going to be a big miss without any hindsight, this injury to Mings just makes Young's absense more recognisable.

It was a daft move by the club to have not have kept him anyway, even more so now.

We need someone to step up and grab the lion by the scruff of the neck and show leadership that is going to be much needed in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Why are we talking like this? People do their cruciates, and they're out for 9 months. What's the need to say this kind of thing?

He will be 31 next season so we needed to be looking for a replacement anyway, as harsh as it sounds at this time. He ain't getting any younger either, an he may be back in 9 months, but it may take a season to get fully fit again, he will then be 32, unfortunately I think his best days were behind him anyway. McGinn will have to step up and lead.

• Confused 1

My initial thought when seeing this was remembering when Pierluigi Casiraghi injured his knee against West Ham as not only did he destroy his knee ligaments but also damaged the nerves. Ty was in a ridiculous amount of pain 😢 really don’t care about the result 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He will be 31 next season so we needed to be looking for a replacement anyway, as harsh as it sounds at this time. He ain't getting any younger either, an he may be back in 9 months, but it may take a season to get fully fit again, he will then be 32, unfortunately I think his best days were behind him anyway. McGinn will have to step up and lead.

The guy is a physical specimen and he came to the game late. He'll be playing at a good standard til 35/36 IMO.

Gutted if this season is a write off but he'll be back next year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

The guy is a physical specimen and he came to the game late. He'll be playing at a good standard til 35/36 IMO.

Gutted if this season is a write off but he'll be back next year.

If that is the case surely we need to signer loan another CB...

Diego Carlos still has a question mark about his fitness.

I saw Laporte got a few minutes on Friday night so doubt he would be available, would be perfect for Villa though.

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

My initial thought when seeing this was remembering when Pierluigi Casiraghi injured his knee against West Ham as not only did he destroy his knee ligaments but also damaged the nerves. Ty was in a ridiculous amount of pain 😢 really don’t care about the result 

Well yes but that's pure speculation. The pain wasn't just physical. He's done incredibly well to come back from two ACLs before and gone onto play for England and he's probably absolutely devastated about not being able to be part of Europe and Euros.

My favourite player of the "post-O'Neill" era. Absolutely gutted for him. Couldn't care less about the result. It is impossible to overstate how much we will miss him on and off the pitch. I hope VP shows him how much we love him at the first home game.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Why are we talking like this? People do their cruciates, and they're out for 9 months. What's the need to say this kind of thing?

Emery said "It's worse" when asked if it was a similar injury to Buendia. So that has me thinking the initial scan showed multiple ligaments damaged or ruptured. 

I hope I'm wrong. Mings is my favourite Villa player and this happening to him is really upsetting and has derailed our season I'm quite sure. 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Emery said "It's worse" when asked if it was a similar injury to Buendia. So that has me thinking the initial scan showed multiple ligaments damaged or ruptured. 

I hope I'm wrong. Mings is my favourite Villa player and this happening to him is really upsetting and has derailed our season I'm quite sure. 

I mean Emery said Buendia would be out for 6-8 months so "worse than Buendia" is much more likely to mean 9-12 months than "career-ending".

8 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

My favourite player of the "post-O'Neill" era. Absolutely gutted for him. Couldn't care less about the result. It is impossible to overstate how much we will miss him on and off the pitch. I hope VP shows him how much we love him at the first home game.

Good to see you.  :thumb:

• Like 1

Gutted for the lad, so, so unlucky.....but I still wonder why there was a need for him to be out there.....He already said recently, I can't play left back anymore, like I did, when I was younger.....the bloody irony of it.

It is also not lost on me, the recent out pouring of appreciation, for a player who has given us a first class exhibition of Centre Back play, during last season......He has been exemplary.....its so galling we lose one of our best players and one of the few in the squad who has defensive nous as a prime attribute.....and some have the temerity to question his playing out from the back.....He can defend, give him a pass.

We now need to find a player, who has a similar tool set, who can help to cover for him.

True quintessential defenders are like Rocking horse poo at Villa and Ty is one.........can we get one or two more.

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He didn't say it like that. He said it was worse losing the the players than losing. I think he just expressed himself a little unclearly. I just went and watched it a few times. I feel confident in that appraisal.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Crazy to think the team wore T-shirts in support of Emi yesterday and they will likely have to wear T-shirts in support of Mings next week 😩. Just awful luck. The team suddenly looks unsettled and lacking leadership. Ashley Young now a big miss in hindsight.

It is just unreal what has happened us in the past few days. It has knocked the stuffing out of me after all the optimism.

I still don't understand why someone had a go at me yesterday for saying this was rotten luck (though my own reaction was a bit cringe).

• Like 2

guessing there's no news yet following initial scans, either ITK or otherwise?

i'm still clutching at straws that it's somehow not as bad as first feared. because this has jack getting injured under deano vibes

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It is just unreal what has happened us in the past few days. It has knocked the stuffing out of me after all the optimism.

I still don't understand why someone had a go at me yesterday for saying this was rotten luck (though my own reaction was a bit cringe).

Yeah it's just shock. I think we all as fans know what's happened over last few days will have a big big impact on our season. 

I have lost all my optimism for the season now. I think 9th or 10th finish now and hopefully best form nearing the end of the season. We know it'll have hit all Villa fans and the momentum we had is totally gone you can see how shell shocked the squad and even Emery is

• Like 1

Â