Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I think he should pull out.

He's in the form of his life, playing for an elite level manager.

He could do without Southgate the clown getting hold of him and ruining him.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 21/05/2023 at 22:17, Mark Albrighton said:

Another factor is that he’s done this while also kinda learning how to be a full time central defender without a senior partner to help show him the ropes. He’s been that senior partner to Konsa.

That’s such a good point. I knew he’d spent most of his career playing at LB so CB was very new to him, but I hadn’t even considered the lack of experience with his playing partners during his time here. 

It’s absolutely incredible when you think about it, and is testament to his dedication. 

Chuffed he’s been called up, very well deserved. Another brilliant season. 

22 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Odd that Tuanzebe has never kicked on. He looked as good as Mings during that run in to promotion - they were brilliant together. I think I heard on the radio the other night that United were due to release him on a free.

Mings makes his partner better. Its really noticable when he's not there.

Its fully deserved by mings and other than Stones is comfortabley Englands second best centre half this season. Im not always convinced by Lewis "have a penalty" Dunk but he also deserves a call up if Southgate also thinking about a back 3.

• Like 1

I’m pleased for Tyrone as I know this will mean a lot to him, but for me personally I struggle to get excited by Villa players being called up under Southgate. I hope he does well, he should be first choice alongside Stones in my opinion, but that remains to be seen. 

I guess this means I might have to start watching England games now? We’ll see. 

• Like 1

On 23/05/2023 at 16:13, El-Reacho said:

Odd that Tuanzebe has never kicked on. He looked as good as Mings during that run in to promotion - they were brilliant together. I think I heard on the radio the other night that United were due to release him on a free.

He made the mistake of signing another contract with them, rather than to look to stay with us. They never considered him near to being a first choice, but he was happy to warm a bench in the hope, that against the odds, he would make it with them. That did for him and he wasn't the first (Bosnich springs to mind too). Pity, I think there was a real player there (as he showed with us), but he made the wrong decision and he went backwards rather than forwards, due to his lack of games. The grass is not always greener. 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I guess this means I might have to start watching England games now? We’ll see. 

after my initial joy, there was then the "FFS" moment when i realised this same thing

6 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

He wont start.

Southgate will pick Maguire and Stones central and then probably Shaw and Walker.

Utter cockwomble!

He'll take a better look at that stones and maguire combo with rice as the holding midfielder ahead of them vs the powerhouse Malta

• Haha 4

On 21/05/2023 at 22:48, Mark Albrighton said:

Terry retired the summer before. 

He would have had some coaching input from Terry, I’m sure. But I guess it’s one thing having that experience on the training ground, it’s quite another to have it in a shirt next to you in a game.

Mings’ partner in the championship for the most part was Axel.

0*jmhubmtbaSttteov.jpg

Edited by sidcow

On 22/05/2023 at 00:14, Tom13 said:

All Mings needs now is exactly what Jack was given.

He may be playing under the master tactician Unai Emery, but what he really needs is some advice off Southgate about how to 'get to that next level'. After some next level analysis, he gave Jack the great advice of 'get more goals and assists'. Now hopefully the great man can give Tyrone his own special advice, so he can truly fulfil his potential.

Stop more goals!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

He wont start.

Southgate will pick Maguire and Stones central and then probably Shaw and Walker.

Utter cockwomble!

And quite rightly too.  Mings just hasn't got that essential Champions League experience that Maguire has and is therefore inferior in every way.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And quite rightly too.  Mings just hasn't got that essential Champions League experience that Maguire has and is therefore inferior in every way.

Scary that this is actually how simple Southgate's mind is.

• Like 1

Â