Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 06/05/2023 at 21:20, Frodo said:

Bar his big chance that he put over the bar,  thought he was outstanding today, always good in the air & so good on the ball, passing & the way he curry's the ball forward so confidentiality, he starts so many attacks by doing this, seems so confident & assured since Emery has come in 

In spice of his performance it’s a shame we conceded that goal. Hopefully against The spuds we’ll have a Butter chance to win.

• Haha 3

Be a great test for him & Konsa, be interesting to see how long Gareth Southgate can carry on ignoring him & it's not as if he has played for England as yet, he has 17 caps I think with 14 clean sheets ffs 😡 the only English centre half I'd put ahead of Mings at the moment is Stones, I'd say Ben White's had an outstanding season also but he has been playing fullback.i'd also say Konsa gas been excellent also since Emery came in.

49 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Be a great test for him & Konsa, be interesting to see how long Gareth Southgate can carry on ignoring him & it's not as if he has played for England as yet, he has 17 caps I think with 14 clean sheets ffs 😡 the only English centre half I'd put ahead of Mings at the moment is Stones, I'd say Ben White's had an outstanding season also but he has been playing fullback.i'd also say Konsa gas been excellent also since Emery came in.

if mings and white dont make the next squad then its nothing to do with football, white we already kind of know about but mings is interesting because they kept it very quiet, 14 clean sheets in 17, 3rd choice and starting at the euros, dropped and ignored while england conceded a record number of goals

southgate is a **** idiot but he cant be that incompetent, no doubt he will want to see a bit more of that stones + maguire partnership vs malta (as well as kane up front to see what he can do)

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if mings and white dont make the next squad then its nothing to do with football, white we already kind of know about but mings is interesting because they kept it very quiet, 14 clean sheets in 17, 3rd choice and starting at the euros, dropped and ignored while england conceded a record number of goals

southgate is a **** idiot but he cant be that incompetent, no doubt he will want to see a bit more of that stones + maguire partnership vs malta (as well as kane up front to see what he can do)

Agreed on Southgate, Maguire will be in the next squad without a doubt, Luke Shaw is keeping him out the Man utd team & he's a fullback 🤦‍♂️ what is Maguire 4th or 5th choice? Never seen that before a 4th or 5th choice centre back at a club makes the National team & starts 🤔  Dunk for Brighton is another shout, had a great season but also ignored, just baffling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frodo said:

Agreed on Southgate, Maguire will be in the next squad without a doubt, Luke Shaw is keeping him out the Man utd team & he's a fullback 🤦‍♂️ what is Maguire 4th or 5th choice? Never seen that before a 4th or 5th choice centre back at a club makes the National team & starts 🤔  Dunk for Brighton is another shout, had a great season but also ignored, just baffling.

Mings is clearly out of favour. I see Dunk getting in before him.

On 06/05/2023 at 21:20, Frodo said:

Bar his big chance that he put over the bar,  thought he was outstanding today, always good in the air & so good on the ball, passing & the way he curry's the ball forward so confidentiality, he starts so many attacks by doing this, seems so confident & assured since Emery has come in 

Wasn't that great in the air for their goal.

• Like 1

Just now, Risso said:

Wasn't his man. If he's 6'5 and still wasn't able to reach it then I'm not sure how it's his fault.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Wasn't his man. If he's 6'5 and still wasn't able to reach it then I'm not sure how it's his fault.

I'm not going to criticise him too much because he's been sensational under Emery, one of the canidates for player of the season. But against Wolves he was the free man in the area with no specific player to mark, so he should have positioned himself better to get his head on the ball. If instead of jumping too soon he'd have taken a step to the right, he'd have been in a much better position. But in any case, the fault for the defeat lies mainly further forward.

• Like 4

It was a good delivery to be fair. Pace and whip rights at the 6 yard box and pinged into the top corner. 

Probably could’ve done better but he’s cleared about 100 of them since the Arsenal game at home so one of them bound to slip by him at some point. 

10 hours ago, Risso said:

Not sure you can pin that on Mings, Ramsey was the one who was marking their goalscorer, Mings looks like he was zonal marking.

10 hours ago, Frodo said:

Not sure you can pin that on Mings, Ramsey was the one who was marking their goalscorer, Mings looks like he was zonal marking.

I know, as I mentioned above.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Voted him supporters player of the year, or at least I think I have, the Villa site being as awful as always did crash when submitting 

Yeah confusing webpage but I think I've done the same.

On 08/05/2023 at 04:20, Frodo said:

Dunk is kind of overrated imo. Very quick to lunge which is a bad trait for a CB to have, and gets done quite a bit by clever strikers that way (and uhh Dwight McNeil apparently). Remember when Ings had him on toast at the Amex? 

The best pound for pound signing we have made in recent years.

as woody pointed out.....John McGinn must be in with a shout too....thanks Woody.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Voted him supporters player of the year, or at least I think I have, the Villa site being as awful as always did crash when submitting 

Be interesting to see who gets it. Kamara is our best player but injuries mean he won't get it, it'll probably go to Oliver Watkins or Martinez.  

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Same.

Hopefully captain next season.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Be interesting to see who gets it. Kamara is our best player but injuries mean he won't get it, it'll probably go to Oliver Watkins or Martinez.  

based on the poll on here which also mirrors the replies to the official AVFC tweet it very much looks like a straight shootout between ty and luiz (luiz seems to edge it on twitter)

i'd love it if ty won it. after everything pre season, missing the WC etc it would just be that confirmation of how much he's loved here

it's just nice to actually be able to come onto this thread again and not see post after post of the usual suspects analysing every goal we concede looking for ways to pin the blame on him (and one or 2 still tried to do that for the goal last saturday)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The best pound for pound signing we have made in recent years.

He’s been critical for us since the day he joined. To think we got him AND John McGinn for less than £30m… such good value and both have grown with Villa. I back them both to still be a key part of our next phase too. 

• Like 1

Â