Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

You can see now Martinez, Mings and Konsa are far more comfortable slowing the play right down and passing around the back. At one point he was just standing with the ball, Forest weren't taking the bait and rarely pressed them.

Hoping to see them impress v Newcastle.

Interested to see whether they try to press and take us on. I think that'll suit us more to be honest.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Hoping to see them impress v Newcastle.

Interested to see whether they try to press and take us on. I think that'll suit us more to be honest.

I think if Howe has his wits about him he'd watch what Forest did and ease off us and not press, then try to catch us on the counter. They have the players to do it. I hope he gets greedy in trying to cement top 4 and tries to press us high.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I think if Howe has his wits about him he'd watch what Forest did and ease off us and not press, then try to catch us on the counter. They have the players to do it. I hope he gets greedy in trying to cement top 4 and tries to press us high.

To be fair to them they are good at pressing and dominating possession. Isak has found form and Wilson is solid. Ming’s and Konsa will probably have their toughest game in the run in against these scum bags.

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

To be fair to them they are good at pressing and dominating possession. Isak has found form and Wilson is solid. Ming’s and Konsa will probably have their toughest game in the run in against these scum bags.

It will certainly be the toughest team faced in our 7 game run have they just won 5 in a row?

I think Howe will set them up to contain us, he'll be aware of our threat and I suspect it will be a really boring game. I wouldn't be surprised if they dont press and try and draw Mings and Konsa to the half way line to create the room behind.

15 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Colossal...again 

I gave MOTM to Konsa just for a bit of variation, but it could easily have been either.  Rock solid pairing. 

9 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Been fantastic since Emery come in. Never had Ming's down as a ball playing defender but he proven he can do it. 
I like to see him score more goals from corners other than that He's one of the best defenders in the PL right now. 

It's the movement of the other players and the body shape. Players are always moving looking for the ball which gives Mings options. Also Mings was already excellent carrying the ball forward himself so if he's not pressed and other players are covered he'll carry the ball forward. We see this from other players too Luiz did it when starting off his goal recently.

• Like 1

Really **** good. Had one misplaced pass but his partner Konsa covered for him but otherwise imperious in and out of possession. Both him and Konsa played some really good passes out of the back and their positioning was superb. 

Â