Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Thought he started out a bit slow, but it's almost like he has to get into a tussle before he wakes up and locks in. Thought he ironically played much better after he got his yellow card.

Been on relatively good form and I think is taking to the instruction and defensive commitment well. If we are ahead and Unai has us in super defensive blocks, then I think Ty is going to be at home defending as the rearguard. 

• Like 2

I think him and Digne need to work on their connection a bit as I have admit I do panic when we get pressed down the left side.

I also think Ty could learn how to draw a foul as well if he gets caught in possession, something Konsa does better IMHO. 

He’s still massively important for us, on and off the field. 

Ty will enter the last year of his contract next season. This will be a tricky negotiation, he'll not want to do just a 2 year extension to 2026. He only turns 30 in March next year so he has many years left. With Carlos hopefully being no worse for his injury I think we are covered at CB given Dendoncker can cover CB also. 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ty will enter the last year of his contract next season. This will be a tricky negotiation, he'll not want to do just a 2 year extension to 2026. He only turns 30 in March next year so he has many years left. With Carlos hopefully being no worse for his injury I think we are covered at CB given Dendoncker can cover CB also. 

I still think we need younger cover for him, it’s why I’ve suggested N’Dicka but I’m hopeful us getting into Europe over the next couple of years will help keep Ty on, with more games to offer him and his potential competition. 

He'd be a huge help and positive influence if we bring through kerr, feeney, Bogarde or swinkels too, I'm still convinced at least 1 of them will make it and will be the replacement for mings but mings helping that process would be so important

We end up with a scenario where 32/33 year old mings is battling for the 4th choice spot with Feeney... I'd take that, he's ideal for passing the baton on

• Like 3

On 13/11/2022 at 21:22, ChesterDad said:

You know what - Tyrone Mings is a good guy - it’s a shame there are not more people like him 

I've been consistent in praising Mings. He is a leader of men on and off the pitch.

Sure he makes the odd mistake but most defenders do.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I've been consistent in praising Mings. He is a leader of men on and off the pitch.

Sure he makes the odd mistake but most defenders do.

No no no it’s constantly error prone. (gee whiz).

mate.

• Haha 1

I have had my moments with TM but overall you really can't question how important he is for us.

I think he needs to feel loved and will flourish now ole Slippy ain't trying to crush his spirit. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

think he needs to feel loved and will flourish now ole Slippy ain't trying to crush his spirit. 

Among the most perplexing parts of his reign. Long may it be over. 

Edited by Dale
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I have had my moments with TM but overall you really can't question how important he is for us.

I think he needs to feel loved and will flourish now ole Slippy ain't trying to crush his spirit. 

Brilliantly put  I too have made reservations about Ty but he brings us many attributes of this there can be no doubt and as you say not having that idiot undermine anymore has got to be a good thing 👍🏻

• Like 1

On 15/11/2022 at 09:49, Sulberto21 said:

No no no it’s constantly error prone. (gee whiz).

mate.

And chews gum

Was a moment during the Brighton game and the camera zoomed in and he was clearly chewing and I could sense was a lot of angry people watching at that time

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

And chews gum

Was a moment during the Brighton game and the camera zoomed in and he was clearly chewing and I could sense was a lot of angry people watching at that time

Yeah I’m disgusted by that too. He chews gum so slowly. I mean surely he should chew with more intensity like Allan Lamb used to when he played cricket for England? Right? 

In fact I’m waiting to pounce on his error when he finally drops the gum out of his mouth. 

• Like 2

i genuinely admire his mental fortitude to come back from the Gerrard/ captaincy situation so well

With his self-confessed mental health issues, to be so publicly humiliated and have his ability questioned like that it could have been irrecoverable.

But he handled the situation with grace and dignity - compare it to how Ronaldo is Jerry Springer-ing himself at the moment - and is playing pretty well

fair play to the guy

• Like 1

On 13/11/2022 at 17:29, The Moustache of Teale said:

Brought a tear to my eye watching that. 

That'a what football is really all about....made that lads day.

Ty is a topman at that sort of thing.

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

i genuinely admire his mental fortitude to come back from the Gerrard/ captaincy situation so well

With his self-confessed mental health issues, to be so publicly humiliated and have his ability questioned like that it could have been irrecoverable.

But he handled the situation with grace and dignity - compare it to how Ronaldo is Jerry Springer-ing himself at the moment - and is playing pretty well

fair play to the guy

We don't know what was said to Ty....maybe it was designed to release him from too much responsibility, at times when we was struggling.

we simply, don't know, and its wrong to suppose we do.

Not all decisions like this are designed to punish, they are sometimes designed to help.

If players have mental health issues, it strikes me, he was trying to help him.....but equally, I don't know for sure, either, so its moot.

• Haha 1

With the current crop of defenders, I would sooner have him in the team than out.....even factoring in his errors.

We have no one else to dominate the aerial space, like him....it's as simple as that.

I think he has raised the standard of our defending, since the day he arrived.

Could we do better, sure.....as time moves on we probably will.

Edited by TRO

Â