Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

A truly fantastic human being, genuinely.

A truly mediocre footballer. 

I respectfully disagree… he is a fantastic human being, and I think a good footballer. Maybe not ‘fantastic’ if that’s reserved for the very best in the world, but he could certainly get in most PL sides outside the top 6-8. In my opinion of course.

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I respectfully disagree… he is a fantastic human being, and I think a good footballer. Maybe not ‘fantastic’ if that’s reserved for the very best in the world, but he could certainly get in most PL sides outside the top 6-8. In my opinion of course.

As is your right. 👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He's such a nice man, to be fair.

I’ve met him only once and he was a complete arsehole. But he’d had a few. Also, it wouldn’t be fair to judge him just off of that one instance. He seems like he cares and he certainly puts the effort in.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I’ve met him only once and he was a complete arsehole. But he’d had a few. Also, it wouldn’t be fair to judge him just off of that one instance. He seems like he cares and he certainly puts the effort in.

I've changed my mind actually..

A truly mediocre footballer.

A complete arsehole.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

My friend's name is Francis and he is the brother of Amando, the leader of the Ghana Lions. Francis is 25 years old and told me that some of his family have moved out of the village in pursuit of work and send money back to him via Western Union, hence he has a mobile phone to receive the payments. However, at that point when I first started talking with him, he had no money in the account. They have no bank accounts so they need to use Western Union. It is really easy to send them money via the Western Union app. It was only when I started chatting to him and asking him personal questions about how they manage to make ends meet etc that he told me more about their way of life. He told me they had electricity but faced having it cut off because they owed the government 800 cedis because they had no money. That was when I sent the money to prevent that from happening. I have pictures to show how this family lives. They are so grateful and we exchange messages every day since. 

Francis told me how they eat this meal called Fufu every day usually. It is plantain and cassava. He sent me a video of how they mash it down to a pulp and make a soup out of it. When I gave him the money he used some of it to buy rice and said they ate rice for the first time in 3 months. I mean, rice! He even sent me pictures that were taken of him preparing their meals. Rice is something we take for granted - to them it is a luxury. Francis and his family are Christians who go to church. It's not a scam, they live in poverty. It's heart-breaking to see. His dream is to be a philanthropist.

Francis' brother, Amando, contacted me recently to thank me for what I have done to help his family. He told me he has this dream to help the disabled people in his village through football and their love of Villa. He said it gives them belief and something to keep them interested during their struggles with life. What Tyrone and Nathan are planning will help them with that. My concern is, will it put food on the table? They shared with me information of how a young lad in his early 20's, named Alex Frimpong, had died of sickle cell anaemia. Francis used to donate blood to him. 

I guess if people wanted to help Francis and his family they could do so by sending money via Western Union and I could give out Francis' details in order to do that but, first, I'd like to run that by Francis. I'm pretty sure he should be OK with that though. If he is OK with it, anyone that wants to send money could contact me for Francis' details via private message and I will share those details with you. Francis is on Twitter and Whatsapp and loves Villa. He is a very humble and friendly fella so I am sure he would befriend anyone who wants to chat with him. I guess I could also send people who want to contribute some photos to show the family and how they live prior to it and you could contact Francis first before deciding to send his family some money? 

It's interesting because the price of fufu in London is quite expensive in comparison to parts of West Africa, it is also heavily loved by people from a similar background as Francis. I also have Ghanaian family members through a cousin of mine, so I've had my fair share of experiences with their food and it's lovely. It's just a shame that places where Francis lives can really on afford to eat one thing for majority of their lives without any help. My mum is also from Tanzanian originally and was born and raised there, so I had my own eye opening moment the first time I visited to see family. We visited a few poor towns while we were there and at the time I was only 18 with a typical Londoners mentality, it completely opened my eyes to how some parts of the world live everyday. I now help out as much as I can with a few relatives that live around the world.

Keep up the good deeds @Villarocker! You too are also an inspiration.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What does being stripped of the captaincy say about a manager's faith in you?

He's not good enough to play week in, week out. This will hopefully give him a kick up the arse to start performing more consistently.

For what it's worth neither is McGinn but Gerrard has his favourites.

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

He's not good enough to play week in, week out. This will hopefully give him a kick up the arse to start performing more consistently.

Could be an acknowledgement of how much stronger our centre back options are I guess.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Could be an acknowledgement of how much stronger our centre back options are I guess.

It very much is, but McGinn shouldn't be starting either so Gerrard has shot himself in the foot here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AV82 said:

He's one of our best two centre backs. So... He should be playing pretty much every week. 

McGinn isn't in my starting 11.

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

It's interesting because the price of fufu in London is quite expensive in comparison to parts of West Africa, it is also heavily loved by people from a similar background as Francis. I also have Ghanaian family members through a cousin of mine, so I've had my fair share of experiences with their food and it's lovely. It's just a shame that places where Francis lives can really on afford to eat one thing for majority of their lives without any help. My mum is also from Tanzanian originally and was born and raised there, so I had my own eye opening moment the first time I visited to see family. We visited a few poor towns while we were there and at the time I was only 18 with a typical Londoners mentality, it completely opened my eyes to how some parts of the world live everyday. I now help out as much as I can with a few relatives that live around the world.

Keep up the good deeds @Villarocker! You too are also an inspiration.

I have a video off Francis that shows how he and his brother make Fufu. It looks like hard work! 

Tha ks for the kind words mate. I don't feel inspirational although, I hope that people can feel inspired to help these poor people live a better life. 

• Like 1

Â