Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

14 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The long ball pass wasn’t good from the clip I saw online. Hopefully a blip, he’s normally very good at starting counters that way. Everyone has off days. Better go get it out of your system in pre-season. 

The one for Archer was quite well placed when it actually looked like a hoof

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I know some people doubt his playing ability (not me), but I doubt anyone can deny what a class act he is off the pitch.

He’s a fantastic role model to our younger fans and a wonderful ambassador for our club

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I know some people doubt his playing ability (not me), but I doubt anyone can deny what a class act he is off the pitch.

I was reliably informed he’s a Marxist though

• Haha 2

Ty is really the ultimate pro and role model, I normally don’t agree that players/celebs should be looked at as role models for kids however I think Ty should be a good example of what a good role model looks like.

The fact that he’s not afraid to speak up for social injustice and for his teammates. Also you could say his footballing journey is inspirational for where he started to where he is now.

Keep it up Ty!

Edited by Rustibrooks
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

Absolutely love this!!!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Absolutely love this!!!

Wish the arrogant prick would stop chewing gum like a gangster though...

I don't think he does it to put the G into gum, I reckon he does it to improve concentration - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4449949/ 

Recent evidence has indicated that chewing gum can enhance attention, as well as promoting well-being and work performance. Four studies (two experiments and two intervention studies) examined the robustness of and mechanisms for these effects. Study 1 investigated the acute effect of gum on mood in the absence of task performance. Study 2 examined the effect of rate and force of chewing on mood and attention performance. Study 3 assessed the effects of chewing gum during one working day on well-being and performance, as well as postwork mood and cognitive performance. In Study 4, performance and well-being were reported throughout the workday and at the end of the day, and heart rate and cortisol were measured. Under experimental conditions, gum was associated with higher alertness regardless of whether performance tasks were completed and altered sustained attention. 

Just now, bielesibub said:

I don't think he does it to put the G into gum, I reckon he does it to improve concentration - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4449949/ 

I was being sarcastic mate 😂.

As I know him chewing gum actually proper winds some people up.

For what reason I don't know.

• Thanks 2

Imo if you are going to depose the sitting captain - it's done quickly and quietly behind closed doors.

Don't think having this playing out all summer was a wise move to be honest.

In some ways I hope it's Ming's but in other ways (throwing the whole captaincy thing up in the air , then announcing it's still Mings) would be a minor farce imo.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, hippo said:

Imo if you are going to depose the sitting captain - it's done quickly and quietly behind closed doors.

In some ways I hope it's Ming's but in other ways (throwing the whole captaincy thing up in the air , then announcing it's still Mings) would be a minor farce imo.

I can understand your point and agree but maybe Gerrard laid down the gauntlet to Mings regarding his own performances throughout pre season? He may have had a chat and been honest with him, raising the bar. Not saying that was the case but it could well be. 

58 minutes ago, hippo said:

Fully agree. 

I'm not sure I understand why his preseason would take precedence over his performances last season. It was his best season for us in the PL. Gerrard had a good 7 months to look at him and assess him. Surely that doesn't get ripped up by a shoddy preseason?

• Like 1

Â