Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I don’t think his talent, ability and strength have ever been in question. His presence and contribution have led to our upsurge from championship to Prem. He is a vital cog in our machine. But he’s never been beyond criticism, no one is. Fed up of this narrative that if someone is critical then it means they hate someone or isn’t as passionate about Villa or some nonsense.

It’s always been the previously regular lapse in concentration that always seemed to lead to an opposition goal that raised the eyebrows. He’s been a lot more consistent and stable recently and seems to have sharpened up and cut the silly errors out a bit more. Good to see and maybe taking the captaincy of him has let him relax more?

Do you mean the suggestion of taking the captaincy off him? He was captain yesterday.

As for any narrative, some of the stuff posted in here has been an embarrassment at times. Some criticism is fine and is indeed warranted but the reaction he’s received in here when he’s culpable is often disproportionate to other players.

• Thanks 1

Mings played well again yesterday and was definitely one of our better players.

Just a little thing but after the game yesterday my daugher wanted to get a few autographs of the players as she hasn't done that before.

The players that made the effort to sign autographs for all that wanted them: Mings, Coutinho, Luiz and McGinn. Also Cash and Young signed a few too. The rest of the players just left!

To me Mings is a captain on and off the pitch.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Just a little thing but after the game yesterday my daugher wanted to get a few autographs of the players as she hasn't done that before.

The players that made the effort to sign autographs for all that wanted them: Mings, Coutinho, Luiz and McGinn. Also Cash and Young signed a few too. The rest of the players just left!

Did you get autographs before or after the game? At the players car park?

18 hours ago, turvontour said:

Did you get autographs before or after the game? At the players car park?

After - yeah outside the players car park. Was interesting to see which players made time for the fans and which didn't. TBF Martinez and Buendia also signed a few but they had their young kids with them so can understand them wanting to get away. McGinn was a right laugh and was chatting to everybody!

Edit - looking at a recent video on the Villa sight Watkins, Ramsey and Ings signed a few too.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/05/2022 at 20:32, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah that fits, I have always believed Mings is a leader off and on the pitch.

In contrast I've heard Buendia isn't and has been a bit stroppy and less likely to interact with fans. Unfortunate considering he has a young family.

11 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Dare I say this, but he seems really focussed and is cutting out the silly mistakes. Probably the best and most consistent English centre half in the country right now?

Might not actually say that much but yes he's comfortably the best english CB 

Maguire is shit, stones doesn't play, walker doesn't play CB, whites been OK at arsenal 

He's underrated and disrespected for for England 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Might not actually say that much but yes he's comfortably the best english CB 

Maguire is shit, stones doesn't play, walker doesn't play CB, whites been OK at arsenal 

He's underrated and disrespected for for England 

Don't forget the vastly overrated Coady. Mings is head and shoulders above them all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Don't forget the vastly overrated Coady. Mings is head and shoulders above them all.

Based on various interviews and comments coady is a cheerleader, he's there simply to keep the other players happy off the pitch 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Based on various interviews and comments coady is a cheerleader, he's there simply to keep the other players happy off the pitch 

He also keeps Mings happy off the pitch, with the two of them holidaying together.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

him and Mings are besties though, they could be a good partnership together actually

Mings winning everything in the air and Coady passing the ball about

Another very good performance from him today. Him and Cash have probably been our best players under Gerrard.

He does have the occasional brain fart, but he more than makes up for it in the rest of his game. Top guy, and a good defender to boot. We’ll need to replace him eventually, but I’d be happy if he was still first choice next season. 

• Like 2

Â