Sign in to follow this  
roonst83

Pre match thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

So Chester given a complete rest with House taking the place on the bench. He mist have been playing through all sorts of problems. Good to see Carroll make the bench, I wondered about his fitness.

 

Chester was apparently playing injured a good 10 games ago so he likely needs a few weeks rest at the very least. I wouldn't like to imagine what mild injuries he's made worse by playing every game. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have liked to see Kodjia starting this one, feel he's more effective than when he comes off the bench normally with a sulky attitude because he hasnt started but no real surprises with the line up. Cafu captain eh, well lead on brother. Bring the points home UTV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Tbh I tend to feel this proves he doesnt rate Hause or Hause isn't ready for first team football yet, otherwise hause would have been starting where Mings is now to rest Chester.

Thats my thoughts too - sure he needs to get up speed - but he has enough training sessions - to me I don't think Smith likes what he sees...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smg said:

Why shouldn’t Hutton be captain ?

I don't think it reflects well on a side if your captain is jogging back most the game whilst everyone else is busting a lung to attack us.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

DyZ9FAAW0AA8BYj.jpg

That back 4 is woeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Wish kodjia was back in. Do not rate adomah at all. 

Nearly sold in the window if you beleive what u read. Don't get it ..2nd best striker at the club IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent line-up for me. Hopefully Carroll comes on at does enough to start next Friday.  Lot of people losing their nut that kodjia doesn't seem to be getting a look in under Smith. I'm not surprised. He hasn't done much for a long time now in a villa shirt and he is the quintessential "me" player. Does silly things with the ball. Doesn't work hard and he can be technically quite poor.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Decent line-up for me. Hopefully Carroll comes on at does enough to start next Friday.  Lot of people losing their nut that kodjia doesn't seem to be getting a look in under Smith. I'm not surprised. He hasn't done much for a long time now in a villa shirt and he is the quintessential "me" player. Does silly things with the ball. Doesn't work hard and he can be technically quite poor.

watch the leeds game - esp the 2nd goal - sublime - I believe he has started one match since. 

Albert has done nothing for a lot longer and more games than Kjodia. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there have been signs in the last couple of weeks that there's a little life left in old Albert yet.

He's lost the ability to run away from a man after he's beaten him, so it's more difficult for him than it was, but he's got a reasonable football brain and he can adapt. He's not the future of the football club, but I don't worry about him starting games over Kodjia right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect nothing more than a win in this one now that Reading have lost there midfield dynamo, Bacuna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good team. Adomah is the right move currently. His tracking back is better than most to help Taylor. 

post-19715-Brent-Rambo-gif-thumbs-up-img

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think there have been signs in the last couple of weeks that there's a little life left in old Albert yet.

He's lost the ability to run away from a man after he's beaten him, so it's more difficult for him than it was, but he's got a reasonable football brain and he can adapt. He's not the future of the football club, but I don't worry about him starting games over Kodjia right now.

I prefer kjodia, but don't think its the dealbreaker for today. Important the defence performs - if it does we will win no doubt.

Reading are a very poor side - Im going 3-1 villa - Tammy, Connor, Mings...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look forward to seeing Mings and Carroll play. Hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

I have a feeling that our defence will look more solid and we'll be more composed on ball without a injured Chester out on  the field. Taylor always looks better(not saying good) when he's paired with a good passer. And i suspect he'll grow in confidence too, next to a vocal leader in Mings. 

Adomah and Whelan can do a solid job for 45-55 mins. Davies and Carroll to come on. Davies to score. 

UTV!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Nearly sold in the window if you beleive what u read. Don't get it ..2nd best striker at the club IMO

We play with one striker so what don’t you get?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whelan, Taylor and Hutton... you can never get into the top 6 with players like that.

Whelan will get exposed today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this