Pre match thread

roonst83

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

So Chester given a complete rest with House taking the place on the bench. He mist have been playing through all sorts of problems. Good to see Carroll make the bench, I wondered about his fitness.

Chester was apparently playing injured a good 10 games ago so he likely needs a few weeks rest at the very least. I wouldn't like to imagine what mild injuries he's made worse by playing every game. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Tbh I tend to feel this proves he doesnt rate Hause or Hause isn't ready for first team football yet, otherwise hause would have been starting where Mings is now to rest Chester.

Thats my thoughts too - sure he needs to get up speed - but he has enough training sessions - to me I don't think Smith likes what he sees...

• Like 1

Decent line-up for me. Hopefully Carroll comes on at does enough to start next Friday.  Lot of people losing their nut that kodjia doesn't seem to be getting a look in under Smith. I'm not surprised. He hasn't done much for a long time now in a villa shirt and he is the quintessential "me" player. Does silly things with the ball. Doesn't work hard and he can be technically quite poor.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Decent line-up for me. Hopefully Carroll comes on at does enough to start next Friday.  Lot of people losing their nut that kodjia doesn't seem to be getting a look in under Smith. I'm not surprised. He hasn't done much for a long time now in a villa shirt and he is the quintessential "me" player. Does silly things with the ball. Doesn't work hard and he can be technically quite poor.

watch the leeds game - esp the 2nd goal - sublime - I believe he has started one match since. 

Albert has done nothing for a lot longer and more games than Kjodia. 

• Like 1

I think there have been signs in the last couple of weeks that there's a little life left in old Albert yet.

He's lost the ability to run away from a man after he's beaten him, so it's more difficult for him than it was, but he's got a reasonable football brain and he can adapt. He's not the future of the football club, but I don't worry about him starting games over Kodjia right now.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think there have been signs in the last couple of weeks that there's a little life left in old Albert yet.

He's lost the ability to run away from a man after he's beaten him, so it's more difficult for him than it was, but he's got a reasonable football brain and he can adapt. He's not the future of the football club, but I don't worry about him starting games over Kodjia right now.

I prefer kjodia, but don't think its the dealbreaker for today. Important the defence performs - if it does we will win no doubt.

Reading are a very poor side - Im going 3-1 villa - Tammy, Connor, Mings...

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing Mings and Carroll play. Hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

I have a feeling that our defence will look more solid and we'll be more composed on ball without a injured Chester out on  the field. Taylor always looks better(not saying good) when he's paired with a good passer. And i suspect he'll grow in confidence too, next to a vocal leader in Mings. 

Adomah and Whelan can do a solid job for 45-55 mins. Davies and Carroll to come on. Davies to score. 

UTV!